Carrot and coriander soup recipes
Our top 3 of 15 Carrot and coriander soup recipes
- Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Carrot And Coriander Soup
- Recent recipes
- View all 15 variations
- 2 Carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 30g butter or margarine
- 1 ½ tablespoon plain flour
- bay leaf
- 1 pint chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Ground Coriander
- ½ pint milk
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- parsley to garnish
- 1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry over a gentle heat for 5 minutew.
- 2. Add the carrots and stir to coat in the butter. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Gradually add the stock and bring to the boil.
- 4. Season well with salt and pepper. Add the coriander, bay leaf and lemon juice.
- 5. Cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 6. Discard the bay leaf and puree the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor. Return to the heat in a clean pan and add the milk. Return to the boil, taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve in warm soup bowls, garnished with the parsley. Good with crusty or herbed bread. (You can also stir in single cream before serving to make it even more creamier).
- 25g Butter
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 500g Carrots (sliced)
- 1.25 litres Vegtable stock
- 1 tbsp Ground coriander
- 150g Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1. Melt the butter in the pan, saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until softened.
- 2. Add the flour and stir well
- 3. Add the stock, carrots and ground coriander
- 4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until carrots are soft
- 5. Liquidise, add yoghurt and coriander leaves and reheat gently without boiling.
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 500g Carrots
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1.5l Water
- 4 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan, and add the roughly chopped onion. While it's cooking, peel and chop the potato into cubes and add it. Peel and roughly chop the carrots and add them, stirring regularly. Finally chop the clove of garlic and add to the mix.
- After a minute, add the ground coriander, a heaped teaspoon of salt, and the same amount of pepper. Stir well for another minute.
- Next add the (pre-boiled) water and crumble in the stock cubes.
- Take the bunch of fresh coriander and cut off the stocks from the leaves. Take the stocks, roughly chop them and add them to the soup.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup to a lovely, velvety mixture. Taste, and add seasoning if required.
- Roughly chop the coriander leaves, and sprinkle just before serving.