Carrot cake cupcakes recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Carrot cake cupcakes recipes
- Carrot Cream Cheese Cupcakes
- Carrot Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
- Carrot Cupcakes with Honey, Orange and Cream Cheese Frosting
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
Carrot Cream Cheese Cupcakes
by The Gourmet Cupcake Company
Views 639, Added Mon Mar 21 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 175g dark muscovado sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tsp. bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 250g carrots (finely grated)
- 1 the zest of an orange (or 1 tsp or orange extract) - optional
- 1) Preheat oven to 180 C (or 160 for a fan oven) or gas mark 4
- 2) In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, bicarb and spices
- 3) In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and the oil until well incorporated and pale
- 4) Stir this into the dry ingredients and then mix in the grated carrot
- 5) Finally stir in the orange zest or extract
- 6) Divide amongst your cupcake cases and bake in a tin until risen and springy to the touch, approx 20-25 mins
- For the icing:
- 1) Beat together 100g butter, 200g cream cheese and 200g icing sugar in a bowl until smooth
- 2) Pipe or spatula onto cupcakes and decorate with some orange zest, sprinkles or, if you're feeling creative, why not make some sugarpaste carrots!
Carrot Cupcakes with Orange Cream Cheese Topping
Views 1788, Added Mon Mar 28 2011
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- Carrot Cupcake
- 225g Carrots finely grated
- 130g Raisins or Sultanas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 130g Caster Sugar
- 120ml Corn Oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Orange - Zest of
- 120g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Orange Cream Cheese Topping
- 175g Cream Cheese
- 450g Icing Sugar
- 125g Unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 Orange - zest of
- Carrot Cupcakes Method -
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/GM4
- Line 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases
- Combine grated carrot and raisins in large bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar for a couple of minutes using electric mixer. Then add oil, vanilla extract and orange zest, beat well.
- Sift the flour, bicarb, salt and cinnamon into a separate bowl, then gradually add these ingredients to the egg and sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl containing the carrot and raisins and evenly blend using wooden spoon.
- Spoon mixture into the cupcake cases to about two-thirds full. Bake in oven for 25-30 mins. They will be quite dark brown and feel spongy to the touch. Remove from oven and leave in the tin for about 10 mins before placing on wire rack to cool.
- ORANGE CREAM CHEESE ICING (topping)
- I find that half the listed quantity is enough to ice 12 cupcakes.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat well until thoroughly combined and the icing is smooth and pale, this can take several mins with electric mixer.
- Ice cakes once they are cold and sprinkle with cinnamon to finish.
Carrot Cupcakes with Honey, Orange and Cream Cheese Frosting
by Cupcake Queen
Views 4170, Added Fri Oct 23 2009
3 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE CUP CAKES
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 3 large free range eggs
- 150g pain flour
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 tsp ground cinammon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- 225g grated carrots
- FOR THE CHEESE CREAM FROSTING
- 1 x 200g packet of light philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp honey (more if you wish after taste)
- grated zest of a large orange
- 1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4
- 2. Line a 12 hole tin with cupcake cases.
- 3. Mix the sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add the eggs and mix well.
- 4. Sift in all the dry ingredients and beat everything together until really well combined. Next add the grated carrots and stir through well.
- 5. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the prepared cases. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven allow to cool.
- Making the frosting:
- 1. Put the cream cheese, honey and orange zest into a bowl and stir.
- 2. Taste to check if sweet enough - if not add more honey.
- 3. When the cakes are cold spread the frosting over the top and decorate if you wish.