Carrot recipes recipes
Our top 3 of 16 Carrot recipes recipes
- Ale Braised Carrots with Shallots
- Maple & Mustard Glazed Carrots
- Uber Caramalized Carrots
- Most recent
- View all 16 variations
Ale Braised Carrots with Shallots
by MustardCommsViewed 786 times
- 1. Peel the carrots and cut into 2cm rounds. Peel and halve the shallots. Cut the celery into 2cm baton lengths. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the butter.
- 2. Put the celery and shallots on a low heat and season with the sea salt and black pepper. Add the sprig of thyme. Fry gently until lightly golden brown. (Approx. 5mins)
- 3. Add the carrots and garlic and let them fry for 2-3mins turning all the time. Add the ale, tomato juice sugar, stock and parsley and let it reduce as it cooks.
- 600g Carrots
- 250g peeled shallots
- 3 celery sticks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 30g Butter
- 1 Sprig of thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150ml ale
- 100ml Tomato Juice
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
Maple & Mustard Glazed Carrots
by Jail Bird!Viewed 1617 times
- 1. Peel and cut the carrots into batons. Tip them into a pan, pour in enough boiling water to just cover, bring back to the boil then put a lid on and cook for about 5 minutes until just cooked.
- 2. Meanwhile, put the butter and maple syruyp in a small pan. Heat until the butter is melted then stir in the mustard. Take off the heat. Drain the carrots and tip into a warmed serving dish.
- 3. Pour the warm maple glaze over the carrots. Season to taste.
These are loveley with mashed potato and ham or sausages or gammon.
- 1.3kg carrots
- 50g Butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 rounded tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
Uber Caramalized Carrots
by JWMCCABEViewed 1627 times
- Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook, stirring frequently for 8 minutes. Stir in ginger and sugar and cook, stirring, until sugar melts, about 4 minutes. Add pecans and cook until carrots are tender when pierced and mixture is glazed in sugar, 7 to 10 minutes.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 15 medium carrots roughly chopped
- 2 tps minced fresh ginger
- 1 .5 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 ½ cups toasted pecan halves