Cauliflower cheese recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Cauliflower cheese recipes
- Cauliflower Cheese
- Annie Bell's Herby Cauliflower Cheese
- Three-cheese Cauliflower Cheese
- Most recent
- View all 9 variations
by King Cook 72Viewed 5059 times
- 1. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until nearly tender.
- 2. Drian the cauliflower well and place in a baking dish.
- 3. Melt the butter in a pan and gently fry the onions and bacon until the onions are soft.
- 4. Spoon the onion and bacon over the cauliflower.
- 5. In the same pan, melt more butter and stir in the flour - for about 1 minute.
- 6. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk - make sure that you continually stir the mixture to prevet lumps from developing.
- 7. Return the saucepanto the heat and slowly bring to the boil - again stiring all the time.
- 8. Simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes stiring occasionally.
- 9. Heat up the grill.
- 10. Remove the pan from the heat and stir ion 3/4 of the cheese.
- 11. Now stir in the mustard and the salt and pepper.
- 12. Now pour the creamy cheesy sause into the baking dish with the cauliflower.
- 13. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the dish.
- 14. Place the baking dish under the girill and alow to grill untill the top is golden brown.
- 15. There you have it - now verve and watch the smiles as they eat it!
- 1 Cauliflower (broken into large florets)
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 slices Bacon (streaky)
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- ¾ pint Milk
- 4 oz Cheese (Mature Cheddar)
- pinch Mustard Powder (English)
- To taste Salt and Pepper
Annie Bell's Herby Cauliflower Cheese
by Annie BellViewed 171 times
- You will need a 20cm x 30cm gratin dish or one of equivalent size.
- For the white sauce, melt the butter in a medium-size nonstick pan over a medium heat, add the flour and cook for about 1 minute until floury in appearance and bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually work in the milk using a
- wooden spoon or a mini hand whisk (the kind for making sauces), a little at a time to begin with.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring or whisking frequently until it thickens. Add the bay leaf and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaf, add the dijon mustard, season to taste, then give the sauce a final whisk until really smooth and silky.
- At the same time, cook the cauliflower. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the florets and simmer for 10 minutes until tender, then drain into a colander.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill and place the gratin dish underneath to warm through.
- Combine the cauliflower with the white sauce and gently reheat. Fold in the lancashire cheese and herbs and tip into the hot dish. Scatter over the parmesan, drizzle over the oil and grill until golden, 5-7 minutes.
- FOR THE WHITE SAUCE
- 50g unsalted butter
- 45g plain flour
- 500ml full-cream milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper
- FOR THE CAULIFLOWER GRATIN
- 700g cauliflower florets (about 1 large or 2 small cauliflowers)
- 150g lancashire cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp each chopped flat-leaf parsley, basil and chives
- 50g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Three-cheese Cauliflower Cheese
by SiobhanColeViewed 1395 times
- 1. Heat the oven to 200oC
- 2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the leeks and cauliflower for 10 minutes
- 3. Melt 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minutes, then gradually add the milk, stirring until you have a smooth, thick sauce.
- 4. Add the colvelatte and parmesan cheeses and cook for a further 2 minutes until the cheese melts into the sauce
- 5. Drain the cauliflower and leeks and arrange into a shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over the tomatoes and pour in the sauce.
- 6. Mix together the red leicester cheese with the breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle over the top. bake for 30 minutes until golden and brown.
- 400g leeks trimmed and sliced
- 1 cauliflower cut in to small florets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 25g plain flour
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100g Dolcelatte cheese, crumbled
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Vine-ripened tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 100g red leicester cheese, grated
- 50g Fresh white breadcrumbs
by wjscottViewed 139 times
- Cut cauliflower into florets and boil for 5 mins. Chop bacon and fry. Make cheese sauce as my other recipe and put cauliflower florets into a bowl pour over cheese sauce and brown under grill for a few minutes. Add bacon to top and serve.
- 1 cauliflower
- pack streaky bacon