Cheese straws recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Cheese straws recipes
Keep reforming the dough until it's all used. Monitor the baking process carefully or they may burn Don't remove the Straws from the baking tray until cold or they may break
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 100g Plain Flour
- ½ tspn Cayenne Pepper
- 50g Butter(cold chopped)
- 50g Grated strong Chedder Cheese
- 1 Small Egg
- 1 Egg Cup Milk
- 1 Heaped tspn Rough Sea Salt
- In a bowl mix the Flour and Cayenne Pepper. Add and Butter using the finger tips to thoroughly blend in with the flour.
- Add the grated Cheese followed by the Egg and stir well in.
- Remove from the bowl and kneed well to form a ball
- Squash the dough to 125mm diameter. Place in fridge for at least 30 mins
- Roll out the cold dough out to about 5mm thick. Try to form a squarish shape (I pat the sides in with a Pallet Knife)
- I Use a School Ruler edge, flat on the pastry, to cut with a Knife 5mm (approx) wide strips of dough 150mm long. Place on a baking tray (soldier file) brush each Straw with Milk. Hand scatter the Salt equally on the top Place in a preheated oven 160c and bake for about 10-15 mins or until brown
- 100g/8oz Self-raising Flour
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Mustard Powder
- 50g/2oz Margarine
- 75g/3oz Hard Cheese
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1. Sieve the flour, salt and mustard together in a bowl then rub in the margarine
- 2. Mix in cheese and add enough egg to make a stiff dough
- 3. Roll out thinly and cut into strips. Place on a greased baking tray
- 4. Bake in a moderate oven 180c/350F, Gass Mark 4 for 10-15 minutes
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese - mature
- 1¼ Cups Plain Flour
- ½ cup Butter - melted
- ¼teaspn Mustard - dry
- sprinkling Cayenne Pepper
- Grease a couple of baking trays.
- Set the oven to 180C.
- Mix the cheese, mustard and the flour together and bind with the melted butter.
- Chill slightly, then roll out on a floured board.
- Cut into strips, or any shapes you want.
- Pop into oven for about 10 - 15 minutes, until they are lightly brown. Cool