Chicken and leek recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chicken and leek recipes
- Chicken & Leek Bake Easy Peasy Style
- Chicken with Bacon and Leek Gravy Sauce
- Baby Chicken An Leeks
- Recent recipes
- View all
You can use a chicken oxo to boil the chicken. You can also use any veg in the filling. Even put chopped onion in the mash along with some cheese! Its very versatile. Enjoy
2 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 Small Whole Chicken
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Large Carrots
- 2 Tins Condensed Chicken soup
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 40g Mature Cheddar
- To taste Knob of butter
- Wash chicken thoroughly under cold tap and wipe out with a kitchen towel.
- Slice leeks - including end bits
- Dice carrots - Leave skin on if you wish
- Place whole chicken, leeks and carrots in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked according to weight.
- Once chicken is cooked drain off water (or keep for stock)
- Set aside cooked veg and chicken.
- Peel potatoes, chop and boil in a pan of slightly salted water until cooked through.
- Drain off water and mash with the knob of butter until smooth.
- Remove skin off the chicken and pull of meat in pieces and put in an oven proof dish along with leeks and carrots. Cover the meat mixture with the condensed soup (do not water down)
- Spoon over the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Cover the topping in the grated cheddar and some roughly sliced leeks
- Cook at the top of an oven 220 degrees for about 25 mins until golden brown.
Chicken with Bacon and Leek Gravy Sauce
Views 2209, Added Wed Aug 26 2009
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 rashes bacon. chopped
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ Water
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 2 tbsp gravy granuals
- 1. Heat a little oil on high heat cook the chicken breasts thoroughly
- 2. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve in a dish covered with cling film so that the sauce can now be prepped.
- 3. Heat a little oil in the frying pan and add the chopped bacon bit, chopped leek and fry until nearly cooked.
- 4. Add the 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce and fry for a further 1 minute.
- 5. Add the water, to preferred amount/measure, the amount of water depends on how much sauce you want. Stir in the water and bring to the boil.
- 6. To thicken the sauce add a few sprinkles of gravy granules and stir for 3 minutes.
- 7. Place the chicken breast on a plate and pour over the leek and bacon sauce.
- Serve with potatoes or chips
The baby stock cubes are available from boots. They are about Â£2.00 and are the right balance for your baby food!
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 300g Potatoes
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 Leeks. sliced
- 1 baby stock cube
- Thoroughly wash chicken breast.
- Wash and slice leek.
- Peel and chop potato.
- Add to a saucepan with the made up baby stock cube and simmer until cooked through, roughly about 40 mins.
- Whiz up and freeze in cube tray