Chicken and leek recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chicken and leek recipes
- Chicken & Leek Bake Easy Peasy Style
- Chicken with Bacon and Leek Gravy Sauce
- Baby Chicken An Leeks
- Most recent
- View all
Chicken & Leek Bake Easy Peasy Style
by FayezeeViewed 7334 times
- Wash chicken thoroughly under cold tap and wipe out with a kitchen towel.
- Slice leeks - including end bits
- Dice carrots - Leave skin on if you wish
- Place whole chicken, leeks and carrots in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked according to weight.
- Once chicken is cooked drain off water (or keep for stock)
- Set aside cooked veg and chicken.
- Peel potatoes, chop and boil in a pan of slightly salted water until cooked through.
- Drain off water and mash with the knob of butter until smooth.
- Remove skin off the chicken and pull of meat in pieces and put in an oven proof dish along with leeks and carrots. Cover the meat mixture with the condensed soup (do not water down)
- Spoon over the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork.
- Cover the topping in the grated cheddar and some roughly sliced leeks
- Cook at the top of an oven 220 degrees for about 25 mins until golden brown.
You can use a chicken oxo to boil the chicken. You can also use any veg in the filling. Even put chopped onion in the mash along with some cheese! Its very versatile. Enjoy
2 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 Small Whole Chicken
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Large Carrots
- 2 Tins Condensed Chicken soup
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 4-5 large potatoes
- 40g Mature Cheddar
- To taste Knob of butter
Chicken with Bacon and Leek Gravy Sauce
by StefanieboundsViewed 2250 times
- 1. Heat a little oil on high heat cook the chicken breasts thoroughly
- 2. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve in a dish covered with cling film so that the sauce can now be prepped.
- 3. Heat a little oil in the frying pan and add the chopped bacon bit, chopped leek and fry until nearly cooked.
- 4. Add the 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce and fry for a further 1 minute.
- 5. Add the water, to preferred amount/measure, the amount of water depends on how much sauce you want. Stir in the water and bring to the boil.
- 6. To thicken the sauce add a few sprinkles of gravy granules and stir for 3 minutes.
- 7. Place the chicken breast on a plate and pour over the leek and bacon sauce.
- Serve with potatoes or chips
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 rashes bacon. chopped
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ¼ Water
- 1 finely chopped leek
- 2 tbsp gravy granuals
Baby Chicken An Leeks
by FayezeeViewed 2436 times
- Thoroughly wash chicken breast.
- Wash and slice leek.
- Peel and chop potato.
- Add to a saucepan with the made up baby stock cube and simmer until cooked through, roughly about 40 mins.
- Whiz up and freeze in cube tray
The baby stock cubes are available from boots. They are about Â£2.00 and are the right balance for your baby food!
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 300g Potatoes
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 Leeks. sliced
- 1 baby stock cube
Chicken and Leek Pie
by annaViewed 293 times
- LEEKS - Discard the green part of the leeks and chop the white part into thin slices. Rinse in a sieve under the tap.
- Melt the butter in a large shallow saucepan. When it foams add the chopped leeks and stir until they are well coated with the butter. Turn the heat down and cook gently for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent the leeks sticking to the pan.
- SAUCE - Sprinkle the flour over the leeks and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the milk slowly, stirring continuously until you have a smooth sauce.
- Stir in the crème fraîche, mustard and tarragon leaves (or fennel seeds) and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken, mix well and turn the heat off. Leave to cool.
- 190˚,C - TURN THE OVEN ON TO 190 ˚,C/170˚,C FAN/GAS 5
- PASTRY - Crack an egg into a bowl, add a small pinch of salt and beat lightly with a fork.
- Shake some flour on to a clean kitchen surface or board. Unfold the sheet of puff pastry on to it.
- ASSEMBLE - Pour the creamy chicken into a pie dish and brush the rim of the dish with the beaten egg. Place the pastry over the dish and brush it with the egg.
- BAKE - Place the dish in the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 300g poached chicken
- 4 small leeks
- 50g unsalted butter
- 300ml milk
- 2tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- 500g rolled sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 2tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt