Chicken and sweetcorn soup recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Chicken and sweetcorn soup recipes
- Cheeky Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Chinese Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 800g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 180g sweetcorn
- 2 Knorr Chicken cubes in 450ml hot water
- 1 ladle full Pearl barley
- 4 table spoons Mcdougalls Instant Thickening Granules
- Pinch sea salt
- pinch pepper
- 1 - Cut the chicken into pieces (however small or large you like them) and put into a large pan
- 2 - Weigh out your sweetcorn and add to the pan
- 3 - Add your two stock cubes (or you can use two of the jelly like stock cubes) into the pan
- 4 - Add in your pearl barley - adding more or less dependening how much you like
- 5 - Boil the kettle
- 6 - Put in enough water to cover everything by about an inch
- 7 - Set your hob to medium/high
- 8 - Keep and eye on it for about 2 hours (adding water if it looks like its drying out)
- 9 - Add around 4 table spoons of thickening granules. You can change this dependening on how thick you like your soup.
- 10 - Enjoy - add salt and pepper as you wish
The recipe actually works better with 'cream style corn' rather than actual sweetcorn, but I've never managed to find it in a shop (in England). You can buy it online though.
5 CommentsAdd comment
- 400g tinned sweetcorn
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame oil
- First, grill your chicken breasts in a little sesame oil.
- Then, pour some water and a chicken stock cube into a saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweetcorn to the pan and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- While you wait, whisk an egg in a bowl.
- When the chicken is cooked, finely shred it and add it to the soup.
- Then, add the egg: slowly pour it into the soup, stirring it gently with a fork. This will make it go nice and stringy.
- Finally, blend the cornflour with a little water and stir it into a paste. Then add it to the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
- (You can garnish it with sliced spring onions to make it look pretty if you want)
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 skinless chicken breasts. chopped into small chunks
- 15g Butter
- 1 Bunch spring onions. finely chopped
- 200g Potatoes. peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 600ml (1 pint) Chicken stock
- 100g Fresh. canned or frozen sweetcorn niblets
- 300ml (½ pint) Milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour. blended with 2 tbsp cold water
- Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley. if available
- 4 Slices sourdough bread. toasted. to serve
- 1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the chicken chunks and spring onions for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Add the potatoes and stock to the saucepan. Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- 3. Add the sweetcorn and milk and cook gently for 3-4 minutes. Stir the blended cornflour and add it to the soup, stirring until thickened. Add the parsley and cook for another few moments. Season to taste, then serve with the toast.