Chicken bhuna recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Chicken bhuna recipes
by houmeriViewed 1295 times
- Put ginger, garlic, onion and coriander in food processor and blend until almost smooth. Add turmeric,salt, garam masala and cayenne and mix for a moment.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan, and add puree, stirring for 3 or 4 mins. And tomatoes and yoghurt and stir.
- Add chicken to pan(best without skin) stir and fry for 5 mins, then cover and cook more slowly for 20-30 mins.
- Remove lid, add lemon and coconut and cook for 2-3 mins...serve with rice or naan bread.
- i bunch Fresh Coriander
- 1 onion. chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root. peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp or ginger from jar
- 3tbsp ghee butter or oil
- 4 garlic. crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp caynne pepper
- 3 large tomatoes or tinned equiv
- 2 tbsp yoghurt. plain
- 3 lb chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp Dessicated Coconut
- 1 Lemon. juice of
by daviemuirViewed 2160 times
- Melt the butter (or olive oil for a healthy version) in a pan. Add the garam masala and mix. Add the chicken pieces and brown until they are coated in the mixture. Set aside.
- Add some more butter (or oil) then add the onions to soften. Grate the ginger into the pan, add the crushed garlic, chop the chillies and add, and chop the bell pepper into small slices and add. Stir for a few minutes until everything is softened, then add the spices - Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, Paprika, Ground Cardamom, Salt and Pepper. Stir again for a minute or two. Now add the chicken, and stir for a minute or two again. The veg should all be nicely softened now.
- Now add the tin of tomatoes and cook for at least half an hour, an hour if you can. You need to stir every 5 or 10 minutes as the curry should reduce and go quite thick (that's a typical Bhuna, a thick coating of sauce)
- When the curry's ready add the fresh chopped coriander and stir just before serving.
- Serve with Basmati rice and a naan bread.
- 1 Large Knob Butter
- 2 tbs Garam Masala
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Thumb Sized Piece Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 Chillies (seeds optional)
- 1 Bell Pepper (red or green)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 2 Cardamom Pods (seeds only - grounded)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Plenty Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tin (400g) Chopped Tomatoes
- A Handful Fresh Coriander Leaves (loosely chopped)
Curry - Chicken Bhuna
by CurryNickViewed 13865 times
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic and ginger pastes and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat and gradually stir in the yogurt then add the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric, red chili powder and salt stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken and simmer over a very low heat until all the yogurt has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, cut the onions into 2.5cm/1inch pieces then add to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
To serve - transfer to a heated serving dish and garnish with chopped coriander. See How To Cook Your Favourite Curry Recipes at: http://curryclub.synthasite.com
- 120ml/4fl.oz. vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons Ginger paste
- 200g/7oz Natural Yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon Termeric
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 675g/1 ½ Chicken Breasts cut 1 inch pieces
- 1 large Onion
- 5 Tomatoes chopped
- As Required Corriander - chopped to garnish