Chicken broccoli bake recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chicken broccoli bake recipes
- Chicken & Broccoli Bake
- Chicken and Broccoli Crisp Bakes
- Chicken and Broccoli Gratin
- Most recent
- View all
Chicken & Broccoli Bake
by LinziWViewed 13132 times
- Cook broccoli for 5 minutes.
- Cook chicken and chop into chunks.
- SAUCE-Boil 2 soups and one tin of water.Then add Mayo and curry powder.
- Put cooked chicken and broccoli in deep dish and cover with sauce.
- Crush cheese and onion crips and mix with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Cover with topping mix and put in oven at 180 for 30 minutes covered with tin foil. Remove foil and cook for further 10-15 minutes.
- *** Keep a close eye on dish once foil removed as burns easily***
You can add a tin of sweetcorm or I have added some dried apricots for a nice sweet kick.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 2 packs Tayto cheese onion crips
- ½ bag bread crumbs
- small block cheese (grated)
- 4 large Chicken fillets
- 2 small tins Campbells Condensed cream of chicken soup
- 5 large table spoons of mayo
- 2 tea spoons Curry powder
- 1 Broccoli (large)
Chicken and Broccoli Crisp Bakes
by Susan HViewed 4283 times
- Poach the chicken in water for about 15 mins then chop and add to large bowl.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and boil and mash.
- Cook broccoli for a couple of minutes in boiling water and chop small.
- Put potatoes, broccoli, salt and pepper in to bowl with chopped chicken and mix everything together.
- Shape potatoe/chicken/broccoli mixture into patties and chill in fridge for at least half an hour.
- While waiting on the patties to chill put flour into one shallow dish, egg (whisked) into another dish and finally the breadcrumbs into another dish.
- When patties are firm dip them firstly into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Either freeze them now or heat oven to about 170 oc.
- Fry for couple of minutes each side and put in oven for about 10 minutes.
- You can substitute the chicken and broccoil for other things like bacon and mushroom, chicken and sweetcorn, mince and onion, fish etc. I would say the chicken and broccoli should be about the same amount as the potatoes in volume.
- 200g Potatoes
- 1 Chicken Breast (or left over chicken)
- 1 Broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- few tablespoons flour
- enough to fill shallow bowl Breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
Chicken and Broccoli Gratin
by CarnsoreboxerViewed 2212 times
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan with the onion, carrots, celery, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns and enough water to cover. Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked – about an hour for a while chicken, 20 minutes for chicken breasts. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to cool. Strip the meat off the bones, dice and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan and boil until reduced to 600ml/1 pint. Add the cream, return to the boil and then whisk in the roux, a little at a time to form a thick sauce.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling salted water until just tender, then drain and refresh under cold water. Stir the diced chicken and broccoli into the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour this mixture into an oven proof dish. Melt the butter and mix with the cheese and the breadcrumbs. Spread over the chicken mixture and bake in an oven preheated to 180c/350f/gas mark 4 for 20 minutes or until brown and bubbling.
- Melt the butter, add the flour and cook gently for five minutes, taking care that the mixture does not colour. Allow to cool and refrigerate. This will last for a few days if kept covered and can then be added into sauces to thicken them. The roux must be stirred into a hot sauce, otherwise it is likely to form lumps.
- White sauce – cook the roux as above and then whisk in 600ml/1 pint of full cream milk. Bring to simmering point and cook gently, stirring all the time for 10 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg(optional)
This is a terrific way to use up left over chicken
- 6 Chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken
- 1 Spanish onion. peeled and chopped
- 2 Carrots. peeled and chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks. chopped
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 1 Bay Leaf
- A few black peppercorns
- 300ml/ ½ pint double cream
- 111g/4oz roux*
- 1 large head of broccoli. divided into florets
- 15g/ ½ oz butter
- 50g/2oz strong cheese. grated
- 110g/4oz breadcrumbs
- 50g/2oz butter
- 50g/2 oz plain flour
Chicken with Broccoli and Layered Potato
by Sally PViewed 3027 times
- Mix together the milk, mayonnaise and the condensed soup.
- Put half of the mixture into a large cooking dish, add the cooked broccoli and the cooked chicken.
- Cover with the potatoes and spread the other half of the mixture on top.
- Cook on gas mark 6, (200 Celsius, 400 Fahrenheit) for 45 min then add the grated cheese to the top and cook for a further 15 min.
- Serve with hot crusty bread or garlic bread.
- 1 lb Diced Cooked Chicken
- 1 lb Broccoli florets cooked
- 1-2 lb Sliced part cooked potatoes
- 1 Tin of condensed chicken soup
- 7 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 7 fluid ozs Milk
- ½ lb Grated cheese