Chicken enchiladas recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chicken enchiladas recipes
by JimmskiViewed 2817 times
- Slice the chicken breasts into slivers and fry in some oil.
- Once gently browned, add the onion and soften in the pan (add a little more oil if the onion starts to burn).
- Add the peppers and then add the fajita mix (1 packet of this is enough for 4 people, halve for 2) and stir in to coat all the meat and vegetables. Allow to sear slightly.
- Add the time of tomatoes and mix in thoroughly then simmer to reduce and make a sauce (maybe 15-20 mins).
- When the sauce is nearly ready heat the skillet on high and warm each tortilla on both sides and then place to the side on a plate.
- When sauce is ready spoon the sauce into the middle of each tortilla wrap, place a handful of grate cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Then roll each wrap up and place side by side on the shallow dish.
- Once all wraps are on the dish, smother with more sour cream and then cover with a generous handful of grated cheese.
- Place the dish under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with a salad of your choice.
Instead of using a skillet to heat the tortillas you could microwave them. Also instead of grilling the final dish you could bake in the oven for 15 mins (or until browned) although this gives a slightly richer flavour. Personally I prefer the grilled version. For a veggie version substitute your fav veg instead of the chicken.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- Soft flour tortillas (2 per person)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper. chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Pkt Discovery or Old El Paso Fajita mix
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheese
- oil for frying
- Your favourite salad to serve with it
- Frying pan
- flat bottomed skillet
- shalow dish (for grilling) - a lasagne dish would work
by RachelyViewed 1669 times
- 1. Mix chicken,1/2 cup of picante sauce, soup, yogurt ,garlic and seasonings together.
- 2. We fill the tortillas.
- 3. Pour the remaining picante sauce over it.
- 4. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes .When it is ready,sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 pound chicken breast. cooked. chopped
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 8 wheat tortillas
- 1 cup yoghurt. plain
- 1 ½ cup picante sauce
- 1 can Heinz Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup cheese. grated
- to taste salt
by JustLainyViewed 6430 times
- 1. First, brown chicken in a large pan until almost cooked through.
- 2. Add the sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms to the pan and cook on medium heat until veg starts to soften.
- 3. In a separate pot, heat passata and spices together. Once vegetables are cooked add enough of the sauce to coat the vegetables and chicken. Leave the rest of the passata mix in the pot on very low heat.
- 4. Heat the passata, chicken and vegetables slighty and then spoon the mix into the 6 tortilla wraps. Fold each wrap over and place in a large roasting tray.
- 5. Pour the rest of the passata mix over the top of your filled tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and place in a preheated oven and bake until cheese is browned. (You could also grill on med/high heat).
2 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR FILLING
- 200g chicken breast. chopped
- 1 green pepper. sliced
- 1 orange pepper. sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 6-7 mushrooms. roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium onion. sliced
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 500ml passata
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 100g ½ fat cheese. grated
by KalsiMomViewed 1178 times
- Place chicken in a pan of rapidly boiling water. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, cool and shred chicken. Preheat oven to 350F, 175C. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until just soft, 5-8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken, cheddar cheese, chillies, salsa, coriander and cumin. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Oil a 10“x15”x2" baking pan. Place 1 flour tortilla on a flat surface and place about ⅓, cup chicken mixture along 1 edge. Roll up from filling side and place, seam side down, in prepared pan. Repeat process with reamining chicken mixture. Sprinkle Monterey Jack over enchiladas. (May be prepared to this point up to 1 day in advance. Cover and chill.
- combine cream and chicken broth and pour over enchiladas. Cover pan with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Place 1 or 2 enchiladas on individual serving plates and garnish with avocado, tomato and additional coriander.
If short on time, use roasted chicken from the store. I also often double the batch of filling and freeze half to make a quick weekday meal.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 6 chicken breasts. boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 green pepper. seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper. seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese. grated
- 2 green chillies - seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup purchased tomato salsa
- ½ cup coriander. roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-15 flour tortillas. 7 inch
- 10 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup single cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup tomato. chopped
- 1 cup avocado. chopped
- 1 cup coriander. roughly chopped