Chicken enchiladas recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chicken enchiladas recipes
Instead of using a skillet to heat the tortillas you could microwave them. Also instead of grilling the final dish you could bake in the oven for 15 mins (or until browned) although this gives a slightly richer flavour. Personally I prefer the grilled version. For a veggie version substitute your fav veg instead of the chicken.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- Soft flour tortillas (2 per person)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper. chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Pkt Discovery or Old El Paso Fajita mix
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheese
- oil for frying
- Your favourite salad to serve with it
- Frying pan
- flat bottomed skillet
- shalow dish (for grilling) - a lasagne dish would work
- Slice the chicken breasts into slivers and fry in some oil.
- Once gently browned, add the onion and soften in the pan (add a little more oil if the onion starts to burn).
- Add the peppers and then add the fajita mix (1 packet of this is enough for 4 people, halve for 2) and stir in to coat all the meat and vegetables. Allow to sear slightly.
- Add the time of tomatoes and mix in thoroughly then simmer to reduce and make a sauce (maybe 15-20 mins).
- When the sauce is nearly ready heat the skillet on high and warm each tortilla on both sides and then place to the side on a plate.
- When sauce is ready spoon the sauce into the middle of each tortilla wrap, place a handful of grate cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Then roll each wrap up and place side by side on the shallow dish.
- Once all wraps are on the dish, smother with more sour cream and then cover with a generous handful of grated cheese.
- Place the dish under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with a salad of your choice.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 pound chicken breast. cooked. chopped
- ½ onion finely diced
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 8 wheat tortillas
- 1 cup yoghurt. plain
- 1 ½ cup picante sauce
- 1 can Heinz Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup cheese. grated
- to taste salt
- 1. Mix chicken,1/2 cup of picante sauce, soup, yogurt ,garlic and seasonings together.
- 2. We fill the tortillas.
- 3. Pour the remaining picante sauce over it.
- 4. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes .When it is ready,sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- FOR FILLING
- 200g chicken breast. chopped
- 1 green pepper. sliced
- 1 orange pepper. sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 6-7 mushrooms. roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium onion. sliced
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 500ml passata
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 100g ½ fat cheese. grated
- 1. First, brown chicken in a large pan until almost cooked through.
- 2. Add the sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms to the pan and cook on medium heat until veg starts to soften.
- 3. In a separate pot, heat passata and spices together. Once vegetables are cooked add enough of the sauce to coat the vegetables and chicken. Leave the rest of the passata mix in the pot on very low heat.
- 4. Heat the passata, chicken and vegetables slighty and then spoon the mix into the 6 tortilla wraps. Fold each wrap over and place in a large roasting tray.
- 5. Pour the rest of the passata mix over the top of your filled tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and place in a preheated oven and bake until cheese is browned. (You could also grill on med/high heat).