Chicken lasagna recipes
Our top 3 of 10 Chicken lasagna recipes
- 1 medium Chicken
- 10 FL White wine
- 45 ml Pine nuts
- 60 ml grated parmesan
- 175 g grated gruyere cheese
- 90 g plain flour
- garlic clove
- 150 g butter
- 450 g leeks
- 250 g Lasagne sheets
- Baby leaf
- 6 Peppercons
- Stick of celery
- Trimmings from leeks
- Cover chicken with stock made from Swiss bouillon powder and half the wine and flavourings. Boil and cover, simmer for 45 mins- 1 hour.
- Boil down juices to 1 litre and cook lasagne.
- Thickly slice the leeks and fry in 20g butter with the garlic for 10 mins. Remove
- Add remaining butter and melt. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Off the heat whisk in the 1ltr of strained stock and rest of wine.
- Bring to boil, cook for 4-5 mins. Off the heat stir in 125g of gruyere cheese and the red Leicester. Season and add cream.
- Layer a buttered dish with the lasagne, leeks and sauce. Put the remaining cheese grated on top along with the pine nuts.
- Cook in oven 200C for 45-50 minutes.
- 4 Chicken Breasts (or left over chicken)
- 75g Butter or Margarine
- 75g Flour
- ½ pt Milk
- 1pt Chicken stock
- about 6 sheets Lasagna Sheets (no pre bake ones)
- gruyere cheese (or cheddar)
- Cook chicken. Leave to side while you make the sauce...
- Melt butter and add the flour, mix together. Slowely add the milk bit by bit, stirring all the time, then add the stock. If it gets lumpy stop adding the liquid and beat mixture till its smooth, then continue adding the rest of the liquid. This sauce is a bit thinner than usual as its going to be baked in the oven.
- Butter an oven dish, layer the chicken (chopped), the lasagna sheets and then the sauce, (i usyually do this 3 times). Make sure there is enough sauce to cover the lasagna completely or it won,t cook properly.
- Add the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in oven at 180oC for about 40 minutes.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 4 breasts chicken
- 2 Onions. chopped
- 3 cloves garlic- peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tins of plum tomatoes
- 2 handfuls chopped mushrooms (optional)
- Couple pinches of cumin
- handful chopped parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2tsp herbs de province (optional)
- lasagne sheets
- 1 regular tub of cream cheese (low fat optional)
- 1 regular tub of creme fraiche (low fat optional)
- 1 bag Spinach (fresh is better than frozen)
- parmesan cheese. grated (optional)
- small amount Olive Oil for Frying
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180degrees celsius.
- 2. Brown off onion and garlic in a saucepan with the olive oil.
- 3. Brown off the chicken in a frying pan with salt pepper and season with dried herbs.
- 4. Transfer to saucepan with the onions, add the tins of tomatoes and fresh herbs and simmer until needed (the longer the better)the tomatoes will need to be mashed witha masher to break them up (alternativey use a bottle of passata- this will result in a stronger tomato taste though).
- 5. Wilt the spinach and warm a saucepan, place the soft cheese and creme fraiche to the pan and mix in the spinach.
- 6. Get an oven dish and start with the tomato and chicken sauce as the base layer. Alternate layers with lasagne sheets and cheese sauce.
- 7. Finish final layer with the cheese sauce and top with parmesan or cheddar.
- 8. Put in the oven for roughly half an hour or as long as required to cook the lasagne sheets.
- The lasgne sheets in this recipe can be replaced with roasted pepper, courgettes or aubergine for a slightly healthier option.