Chicken madras recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Chicken madras recipes
Chicken Madras Curry
by Tideswell School of FoodViewed 2943 times
- 1.Slice chicken and sear in butter and oil.
- 2.Add finely chopped onions, garlic and chillies and stir.
- 3.Add cumin and coriander.
- 4.Add curry powder.
- 5.Stir well to coat and combine.
- 6.Add tomato paste.
- 7.Gradually incorporate stock stirring well.
- 8.Season and add lemon juice to taste.
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Onions
- 2 Red Chillies. Deseeded and Finely Sliced
- 1 dsp Tomato Paste
- 50g Butter
- 1 dsp oil
- 2 dsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ pint Chicken Stock
- Lemon Juice
by daviemuirViewed 1962 times
- 1. Chop the onion and soften in a glug of olive oil.
- 2. As it's softening, grate in the ginger, crush in the garlic, and finely chop the chillis and add to the mix. Depending on how hot you like it, keep the seeds of 1, 2 or all 3 of the chillis.
- 3. When the onions are translucent, add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, curry powder and mustard powder. Stir for another minute to let the spices cook.
- 4. Now add the diced chicken and brown for another couple of minutes.
- 5. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, bring to almost a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6. Add the garam masala, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 7. After another five minutes or so, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- 8. Just before serving add the fresh coriander leaves and stir for a minute or so.
- Before serving you can add some natural yoghurt or coconut milk to cool the curry, but I prefer it without. The juice of half a lemon adds a sweet and sour element to the dish, however, again, I prefer it without.
- Serve with some basmati rice, naan bread, and a leafy salad.
- 1 Large Onion
- Thumb Sized Piece of Fresh Ginger
- 3 Chillis (with seeds)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- Plenty Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tin (400g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- ½ Pint Chicken Stock
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves (Torn or Chopped)
by Pesho77Viewed 674 times
- Heat ghee/ ground nut oil in a wok
- Add chicken and brown remove and keep warm
- fry onions for about 5 mins then add chilies
- Add crushed + ground spices (except garam masala) stir fry for up to 10 seconds
- Add tin of tomatoes + tomatoe paste
- Simmer for 10 mins then add water then the chicken cook through for 10 mins
- then add the lime juice, curry leaves and garam masala simmer for a further 10 mins
- Serve with rice or bread
- 4 Chicken breast cubed
- 1 Onion
- 400g tin Tomatoes
- 5 Tbsp Tomatoe Paste
- 4 Dryed red chillies
- ½ - 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds lightly crushed
- 1 Tsp Fenugreek seeds lighty crushed
- 2 Cardamom pods crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tsp Garam masala
- Pinch Dryed curry leaves
- 150ml water
by beefstuViewed 1604 times
- heat curry in microwave for 4 mins, stir then heat again for another 2 mins, place rice in bag in boiling water boil for 5 mins, open bag and empty contents onto plate, pour the madras curry over the rice stir and serve
- MADRAS CURRY
- 1 asda madras takeaway curry
- 1 boil in a bag White Rice