Chicken paella recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Chicken paella recipes
- Chicken Paella
- Chicken Paella
- Paella with chicken and king prawns
- Recent recipes
- View all 8 variations
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 30ml olive oil
- 175g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 450g chicken fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 225g paella rice
- Few strands saffron
- 900ml chicken stock
- 100g green beans, halved
- 225g cooked tiger prawns (optional)
- 5ml ground paprika
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and fry the chorizo for 2-3 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry over a high heat until browned all over.
- Remove and set aside with the chorizo.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the hot oil for 4-5 mins until softened, then add the pepper and rice.
- Cook for 1 min, stir in the saffron and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add beans.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for 10 mins, stirring frequently until the rice is tender and nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the fried chorizo to the pan and stir in gently.
- Cook for 4-5 mins until both are heated through.
- Serve on warmed plates and sprinkle with paprika.
This does make a HUGE amount of paella, you would still have loads if the quantities were halved.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 10 Chicken thighs - diced (approx 1kg)
- 2 Onions. chopped
- 2 Red peppers. diced
- 4 Cloves garlic. crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes with garlic
- box Paella rice
- Sea salt
- frozen peas
- 5 Chicken Oxo cubes in 1 pint hot water
- 3 Knorr Chicken cubes in 450ml hot water
- You will need a huge pan or wok.
- Fry chicken in olive oil til cooked through and golden, remove and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic and peppers til soft.
- Add paprika, turmeric and Paella rice and turn til coated in onion mixture.
- Add chicken stock and tin chopped tomatoes and peas.
- Bring to boil, then simmer until rice is cooked.
- When rice cooked add chicken and heat through 10/15 mins.
- add salt to taste.
1. Dont use too much saffron i did the first time and it was all you could taste. 2. try making your own stock with the bones i still use stock cubes as they save time. 3. dont over cook the chorizo as it will go hard and chewy. 4. Get yourself a garlic card it will turn garlic into a paste and gets the flavour straight into you dishes.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 8 chicken thighs
- Plain flour for dusting chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 glugs of olive oil
- 110g Chorizo
- 6 slices pancetta
- 1 onion. finely diced
- 1 red onion. finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic. finely chopped or turn to a paste if you have a garlic card
- 2 to3 large pinches saffron
- 2 litres hot chicken stock
- 1 tea spoon (heaped) smoked paprika
- 500g paella rice
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley. stalks and leaves finely chopped separately
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 10 precooked jumbo tiger prawns
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
- Remove the bones from the chicken and save them for the stock (this can be done in advance). Coat the chicken with the flour and a pinch of paprika and seasoning. Add the olive oil to a large, hot, shallow pan, and brown the chicken skin-side down, turning to brown all over. Transfer to a roasting tray and continue to cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- sprinkle the saffron into half the hot stock and leave on one side to infuse for a few minutes. Add the chorizo to the original pan, lay slices of pancetta over the top and cook until crispy. Mix in the onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Then add the smoked paprika, rice and infused stock, stirring occasionally. Once the
- rice is cooked (about 20 minutes), stir in the rest of the stock. Throw in the parsley stalks, peas and prawns, and cook for a further 10 minutes. Then add the cooked chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- (Optional if you want to use just pre made stock go ahead)
- Daz’s notes make chicken stock with 2 litres of water, 2-3 chicken stock cubes, bones and one whole thigh, 3 bay leaves, 5 cloves, 2 squashed garlic cloves and a few pepper corns reduce down to 1 and a half litres