Chicken salad recipes
Our top 3 of 38 Chicken salad recipes
- A Greek Salad with Chicken
- Smokey Chicken with Warm Corn & Potato Salad
- Warm Chicken Salad
- Most recent
- View all 38 variations
A Greek Salad with Chicken
by John H GlenViewed 2925 times
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, thyme or oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and feta and toss to coat and serve at once.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken, poach 1-pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
- Place the chicken breasts in a medium saucepan, add chicken stock to cover and bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
Take advantage of that leftover chicken, or even buy spit-roasted chicken, or why not speedily poach a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the same time as you prepare the rest of the salad.
- YOU WILL NEED
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken (about 12 ounces)
- 6 cups chopped Cos (romaine) lettuce or use a good mix of salad leaves
- 2 medium size tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup sliced ripe black olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, (you could use fresh oregano)
- 1 teaspoon garlic. minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
Smokey Chicken with Warm Corn & Potato Salad
by BethanWViewed 1693 times
- 1. Bring to the boil a saucepan of water big enough to hold all the potatoes and corn. Cook the potatoes for 12 mins, adding the corn after 6 mins, until both are tender. Drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix the sliced red onion with the lime juice and half the oil in a large salad bowl. Mix the remaining oil with the garlic, paprika and some seasoning in a shallow bowl, then toss in the chicken until thoroughly coated.
- 3. Heat a griddle pan, then griddle the chicken for 3 mins on each side until cooked through. Tip the potatoes into the bowl with the onions. Stand a corn cob on one end on a chopping board, then slice down the length, cutting off the kernels in strips. Mix into the potato salad with the coriander and seasoning, then serve alongside the smoky griddled chicken, with lime wedges, if using.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 Chicken fillets
- 500g new potatoes
- 2 corn on the cobs
- ½ red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 bunch corriander
- lime wedges for garnish
Warm Chicken Salad
by Super-PortsViewed 6910 times
- 1. Chop, then par-boil and then fry your new potatoes until brown. While this is cooking chop and prepare all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. When potatoes are ready place in a bowl to cool.
- 2. Dice and fry chicken breast until cooked brown and then add to salad with the fried potatoes. Dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and then finally shave parmesan over the bowl.
Serve with a crusty french stick and a bottle of red wine! You can add broccoli if you want to be even more healthy and to counter act the red wine!
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 lb new potatoes
- 3 sticks celery
- 1 jar black olives
- 100gms shaved parmesan
- 1 mixed leaf salad
- 2 tspns balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper
Chicken and Bacon Salad with Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions
by rosie.vandenboschViewed 1041 times
- In a large bowl, place in your lettuce, red & yellow peppers and mix
- Add chicken & bacon and mix thoroughly
- Add chilli powder depending on your taste
- Mix together balsamic vinegar & olive oil to make a balsamic vinegar dressing (You can add more or less depending on what you like)
- Pour balsamic vinegar dressing over salad and mix with a fork & spoon
- Mix until dressing is evenly distributed
- Add salt & black pepper if required
- Add sea salt and black pepper croutons to salad
- Add crispy onions to salad and serve
- 1 bag mixed lettuce leaves
- 200g cooked chicken breast, strips
- 150g cooked, smoked streaky bacon
- ½ Red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ Yellow Pepper, cut into strips
- 50ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 100g olive oil
- Fresh Gourmet Crispy Onions
- Sea salt an Black pepper, optional