Chicken stew recipes
Our top 3 of 14 Chicken stew recipes
1.After 1 hour take out the oven, stir and you may need to add some more water to keep from drying up 2. Serve with rice
- 500g Chicken fillets/thighs
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 pkt dry onion soup mix
- 1. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken fillets until white.
- 2. Put in a casserole dish with can of tomato soup, onion mix and about a cup of water.
- 3. Replace the lid of the casserole dish and cook on low for 2 hours.
- 300-400g chicken thighs, or ½ a chicken
- 300-400g bitter gourd/bitter melon
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tau cheo (soya bean paste)
- ½ tbsp black fermented beans (rinsed, patted dry and mashed slightly with a fork)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled bruised
- 5 sliced ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp chinese wine (shao hsing/hua tiao)
- to taste light soy sauce
- Sauce ----
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1. Cut the bitter gourd in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scrap out the seeds and white pulp. Rub some salt on the flesh portion and leave for a few minutes before rinsing the salt off. This will remove some of the bitterness (skip this step if you like it bitter). Slice the bitter gourd in half lengthwise again, then cut it to 2.5cm (1 inch) vertical slices.
- 2. Heat sesame oil in clay pot, stir fry tau cheo & fermented black beans until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 3. Add chicken pieces, bitter gourd, garlic and ginger. Stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink on the surface.
- 4. Add sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Cover claypot with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 5. Season to taste with light soy sauce or salt, if needed. If you like, add a splash of Chinese wine to the cooked stew as a finishing touch, and off the flame when you smell the lovely aroma of the wine.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Chicken thighs
- 300g carrots. cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 large parsnips
- 750g potatoes e.g. King Edwards
- 1 tbsp thyme leave
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC / gas mark 6.
- 2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken for 2 mins.
- 3. Transfer to a large roasting tin with all the vegetables and stir in the thyme, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4. Bake for 30 mins then drain most of the excess juice and reserve.
- 5. Bake for a further 10 mins before serving with the reserved juice as gravy