Chicken tikka masala recipes
Our top 3 of 11 Chicken tikka masala recipes
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Chicken Tikka Masalla
- Ultimate Chicken Tikka Masala
- Recent recipes
- View all 11 variations
To finish cooking the whole dish within an hour, start with the sauce first and while the sauce is cooking, cook the marinated Chicken Tikka and add to the sauce when its 3/4 done.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- MARINADE 1
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 3 nos. Chop Green Chillie
- 1 Tbsp Chop Coriander
- ½ Tbsp Chop Ginger
- 2 tsp Red Chillie Powder
- ¼th tsp Garam Masala
- 4 Tbsp Vegitble Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- MARINADE 2
- 4 Tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 400 gms Chicken Pieces
- 50 ml Vegitable Oil
- 3 nos. Green Cardamom Pods
- 1 inch Cinimmon Stick
- 5 nos. Cloves
- 10 Black Peppercorn
- A few Strands Mace Flower
- 250 gms Tin Tomatos
- 2 Tbsp Single Cream
- ¼th tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp Chop Coriander
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Suagr
- Making Chicken Kabab
- 1. Mix all of the ingredients in marinade 1
- 2. Add the chicken pieces into marinade 1 and set aside for 30 mins.
- 3. Add the yogurt into the marinade and mix well, keep to marinade for 6 -12 hrs.
- 4. Heat grill at 200 Deg. C
- 5. Place chicken pieces on wire rack and cook for 10 mins on one side. Collect the driping for later use.
- 6. Turn and baste with butter.
- 7. Cook for another 6-8 mins
- NOTE: Keep the left over yogurt marinade and drippings to add into the sauce.
- Making the Sauce
- 1. Heat Oil in a sauce pan, add the whole spices and let them crackel
- 2. Add tin tomato's and cook on a medium flame (Mark 4) for about 20 mins.
- 3. Lower the flame (Mark 3) and continue to cook till the tomatos have turned soft.
- 4. Once soft , blend the tomato to a smooth sauce
- 5. Return the sauce to the pan.
- 6. Add the left over yogurt marinade and the drippings from the kabab along with red chilli powder, salt , sugar and garam masala and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- 7. Add the cooked Chicken tikka pieces and simmer for 10 minutes
- 8. Add cream and let it simmer for a furture 5 mins.
- 9. Sprinkle choped coriander
- 10. Serve with Rice, Nan Bread or bread
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 5 tbsp Tandoori Paste (Pataks)
- 4 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 8 Cardomom Pods
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 2 inch Fresh Ginger grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ - 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 150ml/5 fl oz Chicken Stock or Water
- 1½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Small Lemon Juice
- To Taste Salt/Pepper
- 1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the tandoori paste and yoghurt. Leave to marinate in a non-metallic dish for at least a couple of hours (or overnight would be best for taste), stirring occasionally.
- 2. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, and when it's very hot add the cinnamon, cardamom pods and onion. Fry for about 5-6 minutes until beginning to brown, then add the ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
- 3. After the spices have cooked for about a minute, add the chicken with the marinade. Fry for 3-4 minutes, then add the tinned tomatoes, chicken stock or water, garam masala, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Bring the curry to a simmer and cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes. Serve straight away with rice or naan bread.
- See more Great Curry Recipes at
If you feel it needs it, add one or more of the optional flavourers (the vinegar/lemon juice, the coconut milk and/or cream, brinjal or mango chutney) to taste and serve. It can be garnished with fresh coriander leaves, toasted almonds and a curl of cream. Be sure to visit the other recipes I have for the Masala gravy, Chicken Tikka and the Tandoori Paste that you need for this recipe. Oh, and enjoy! ,)
8 CommentsAdd comment
- ALL YOU NEED
- 20 - 24 cooked chicken tikka pieces
- 2 tblsp vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves. finely chopped
- 3 tblsp Red tandoori paste
- 225g (8oz) curry masala sauce/gravy
- 200g tomato pasatta or fresh
- 30ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 tblsp fresh coriander chopped
- to taste salt
- 30-50g Butter
- 1. Heat the oil in a large karahi. Stir-fry the garlic and the paste for 30 seconds, then add the onion gravy and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 2. Add the tomatoes, garam masala and coriander and optional peppers and chillies. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or so, until the oil separates.
- 3. Then add the cooked chicken and any spare cooked marinade. Simmer for a further 2 or 3 minutes, adding a little water if it needs it. Salt to taste.
- 4. Add the butter and cream and simmer for a few moments more.