Chilli con carne recipes
Our top 3 of 16 Chilli con carne recipes
- Chilli Con Carne
- Chilli Con Carne
- Chilli Con Carne - with Baked Beans!!
- Recent recipes
- View all 16 variations
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g kidney beans
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 250g lean steak mince
- bunch Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1. Finely chop the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Roughly chop the red pepper.
- 2. Heat a pan on a medium heat, add 2 lugs of olive oil and all of the vegetables. Add the chilli, paprika, cumin, cinnamon and seasoning. Stir for 7 minutes.
- 3. Brown the mince in a pan, then add the drained kidney beans and chopped tomatoes. Add 200ml of water.
- 4. Stir in the coriander and balsamic vinegar, check seasoning.
- 5. Bring to the boil and then simmer for one hour with the lid askew.
- 6. Serve with rice, yogurt or sour cream, lime wedges and guacamole.
- 1 kg Beef Mince
- 2 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 Red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 Tsp Chilli powder, to taste
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Tomato puree
- 2 Tsp Soft dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dried oregano
- 300ml Beef stock
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Heat oil in large flameproof casserole pan to a medium heat (not too high so onions don't burn!)
- Fry onions, celery and chillies until onions soften (approx 10 min)
- Increase heat, add beef mince, and cook until browned, stirring constantly
- Pour out excess fat (if any) into old container
- Add chilli powder, ground cumin, and tomato puree. Mix well for a minute.
- Add sugar, worcester sauce, oregano, stock and tomatoes. Stir well and bring to boil.
- When boiling, lower heat to a gentle simmer and cook for approx 40 min until ready
- If you wish to add kidney beans, stir them in 10 min before the end
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 454g beef mince
- 1 diced onion
- 2 diced peppers
- 1 Oxo Cube (Beef)
- 1 Tin of Baked Beans
- 2 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 packet chilli mix
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1. Fry onions in a little oil to soften. Add peppers and softly cook for a few mins until soft.
- 2. Add mince and fry until brown. Drain off any excess juices from the mince as you go.
- 3. Add oxo cube and stir in.
- 4. Add beans and tomatoes and stir in.
- 5. Add packet chilli mix and add some boiling water to thin the chilli to suit you.
- 6. if you like an extra kick then add the teaspoon of crushed chilli.
- 7. Simmer chilli for 20-30 mins.
- 8. Serve with rice and crusty bread.
- This recipe tastes great re-heated the next day.