Chocolate cheesecake recipes
Our top 3 of 27 Chocolate cheesecake recipes
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Amazing Chocolate Cheesecake
- Delicious No-bake White Chocolate Cheesecake (a delicious reminder of Nottingham!)
- Recent recipes
- View all 27 variations
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 200g Digestive Biscuits. crushed
- 50g Butter. melted
- 350g Cream Cheese. softened
- 150g Caster sugar
- 200ml Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Chocolate. melted
- 1. Melt butter add crushed biscuits press into greased flan tin, Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Cream the cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk together.
- 3. Whip the cream and add to the cheese mixture
- 4. Melt the chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until forming soft peaks, fold carefully into the mixture and then pour into the flan tin.
- 5. Decorate with grated chocolate. Put in the fridge. Best left in the fridge for 2 days before eating.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- FOR THE BASE:
- 200g Digestive biscuits (dairy free. like tesco value or M&S)
- 75g 'Pure' or other dairy-free margarine
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 tub Dairy free tofutti cream cheese (health food shops sell this)
- 170g Soft tofu (silken or just the ordinary 'cauldron' sort from the supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 60g Caster sugar
- 125g Dark chocolate (check that it is dairy free)
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1) Grease a loose based cake tin. One that is about 6 1/2 or 7 inches will work best.
- 2) Crush the digestive biscuits.
- 3) Melt the margarine in a pan, and pour over the digestive biscuit crumbs. Mix thoroughly, and pour into the cake tin. Press down evenly with a spoon until the base is very firmly compacted.
- 4) Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- 5) Put tofu, cream cheese, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla essence in a blender and blend until smooth. If you don't have a blender, you'll need to use silken tofu, and get it as smooth as you can with a whisk or a fork.
- 6) Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 7) Pour the topping over the biscuit base and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- 8) To get it out of the tin, put it on top of a cereal bowl and push down on the outside of the tin, leaving the cheescake sitting on the bowl. Ingenious! Then you can slide it off the bottom of the tin and onto a plate.
- 9) You could decorate it with whipped vegan cream, chocolate curls or sliced strawberries.
Delicious No-bake White Chocolate Cheesecake (a delicious reminder of Nottingham!)
Views 42971, Added Mon Oct 26 2009
If you are short of time you can mix the cheese together in a food mixer when very slowly add the melted chocolate and finally the cream. But don't over whisk as it will become too light and not set properly.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 200g Crushed digestive biscuits
- 50g Melted butter
- 400g White chocolate
- 200g Soft cream cheese
- 250g Mascarpone cream cheese
- 284ml Double cream
- 1. Pour the melted butter into the crushed biscuits and mix well. Tip into a greased and lined 9in loose-bottom baking tin and press down firmly. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or more.
- 2. Mix together the cream cheese and mascarpone.
- 3. Melt the chocolate in a bain Marie and mix lightly together with the cheese mixture.
- 4. Slowly add the double cream and beat gently until fully incorporated.
- 5.Pour mixture on top of biscuit base and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
- 6. Serve thin slices (as it is deliciously rich) then sit back and enjoy the compliments!