Chocolate courgette cake recipes
Our top 3 of 5 Chocolate courgette cake recipes
- Chocolate Courgette Cake
- Courgette and Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Courgette Cake
- Recent recipes
- View all 5 variations
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 250g courgettes coarsely grated
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 orange grated rind and juice
- 125g caster sugar
- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 50g ready-to-eat apricots chopped
- -------- for the topping:
- 200g pack extra light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. orange curd
- 1 tbsp. hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 8cm, deep loose-bottomed cake tin.
- 2.Place the courgettes in a sieve and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- 3.Beat together the eggs, oil, orange rind and juice and the sugar. Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder and beat to combine.
- 4.Fold in the courgettes and apricots then spoon into the prepared tin. Bake for 40 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- 5.Turn out onto a cooling rack and cool.
- 6.Beat together the cream cheese and the orange curd and smooth over the top. Sprinkle over the nuts.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 120g butter softened
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 130 ml milk
- 350 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbspn cocoa powder
- 450 g courgette grated
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Grease and line a baking tin approx 25 by 40 cm.
- Preheat oven to 190 C.
- Grate the courgettes into a colinder then squeeze out the excess water.
- Cream together the butter, oil and both sugars.
- Gradually add the eggs, and the milk - mix thoroughly.
- Sift the dry ingredients and fold in gently.
- Gently stir in the grated courgette and the vanilla.
- Bake for 40 minutes - test with skewer in the usual way.
Optional - add 75 g chopped pecans, walnuts or hazelnuts with the courgettes. Like carrot cake, this keeps well for a few days in a tin or wrapped in foil. It can be iced, either with a simple glace icing, buttercream, cream cheese icing, or ganache.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 185 g Plain flour
- 280 g Caster sugar (normal or golden)
- 50 g Good quality cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- 3 Eggs
- 260 ml Vegetable oil
- 250 g Courgettes
- 1 -2 tsp Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 20cmx20cm baking tin (or a similar sized round tin).
- Grate the courgette.
- In a jug, beat together the eggs and oil. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarb, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Add the grated courgettes, then pour in the eggs and oil and mix well.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely, then dust with icing sugar and cut into squares to serve (slices if round!).