Chocolate fondant recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Chocolate fondant recipes
- The Easiest Chocolate Fondant
- Chocolate Fondant
- Chocolate Fondant Pudding by Jean Christophe Novelli
- Most recent
- View all 7 variations
The Easiest Chocolate Fondant
by LukeColairoViewed 3092 times
- 1. Preheat the oven to oven to 200C (electric)/ 180C fan/ Gas mark 6.
- 2. Break the chocolate and dice the butter into a bowl and melt over a low simmer of water in a pan until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- 3. In a bowl, mix the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and zest and juice of the orange if using it.
- 4. Stirring continuously, pour the melted chocolate and butter mix into the egg mix until smooth.
- 5. Mix in the sifted flour stirring to remove any lumps to form a silky smooth mixture.
- 6. Grease 6 ramekins with butter and then flour around the edges of the ramekin.
- 7. Fill the ramekins half-way up each ramekin as they will rise and it will make it easier to remove them later on.
- 8. Place each ramekin onto a baking tray and into the oven for 10 minutes exactly.
- 9. Turn out onto a plate and serve with the creme fraiche immediately.
- 10. Break into it and see the molten centre!
Serve immediately! Don't put it in the oven for longer than 10 minutes!
1 CommentsAdd comment
- CHOCOLATE FONDANT
- 200g Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 200g Butter
- 90g Self Raising Flour
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2tbsp Orange Juice (optional)
- Zest of 1 Orange (optional)
- TO SERVE
- Creme Fraiche
by SportsViewed 4873 times
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C: 400°F: Gas 6.
- 2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler.
- 3. While the chocolate is melting, whisk together the sugar, eggs and egg yolks until light and pale.
- 4. Pour the melted butter and chocolate over the egg mixture, stir and then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder with a metal spoon.
- 5. Lightly but thoroughly grease four oven proof dishes/ramekins and lightly dust with extra cocoa powder.
- 6. Divide the chocolate mixture among the dishes.
- 7. Place the dishes onto an oven proof tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 8. When the outsides are crisp to the touch, carefully turn the puddings out of the moulds onto serving plates.
- 9. The centre should be still soft and lusciously saucy.
- 10. Serve with thick cream, creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
- Raspberries or fruit coulis optional
6 CommentsAdd comment
- 125g (4½oz) Unsalted Butter
- 125g (4½oz) Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 55g (2½oz) Caster Sugar
- 100g (3½oz) Plain Flour
- 2 Small Free Range Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 Egg Yolks
- Fresh Cream Creme Fraiche Ice Cream for Serve
Chocolate Fondant Pudding by Jean Christophe Novelli
by carodeoliveiraViewed 2697 times
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, yolks and sugar until pale.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and butter gently in a bowl set over a pan of hot water.
- Remove from the heat and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
- Carefully fold in the flour.
- Pour into 6 pre buttered molds before it begins to firm up.
- Allow to chill preferably overnight.
- To cook place into a pre heated oven at 180 C, for 10-15 minutes.
- By which time the centre should of domed up and feel dry.
- Turn out and serve with either vanilla ice cream or crème fraiche.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 250g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing molds
- 5 eggs, plus 5 extra yolks
- 125g caster sugar
- 250g Dark Chocolate
- 50g plain flour
Easy Peasy Chocolate Fondant
by May Yaqub Viewed 189 times
- 1.preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
- 2. whisk together the eggs and sugar , sift in the flour and fold with a metal spoon or a spatula.
- 3. melt the butter and dark chocolate in the microwave , use the tempering method - put it in for 20 second intervals: 20 seconds then mix , and repeat until everything is melted.
- 4. Fold the chocolate and butter into the flour, eggs and sugar with a metal spoon or spatula.
- 5 Get four small ramekins (oven proof) and pour an equal amount of batter into each, finish with 2 pieces of white chocolate in the middle of each ramekin . Bake for 6 minutes.
- No need to cool as you want the melted chocolate in the middle , serve in the ramekins and enjoy!
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 3 Eggs
- 70g Caster sugar
- 75g Plain Flour
- 140g Dark Chocolate
- 140g Butter
- 4 Pieces of white chocolate