Chocolate muffin recipes
Our top 3 of 16 Chocolate muffin recipes
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Orange Muffins
- Mitzie Wilson's Triple Chocolate Muffins
- Recent recipes
- View all 16 variations
- 250g PLAIN FLOUR
- 2 TABLESPOONS COCOA POWDER
- ½ TEASPOON BICARBONATE ON SODA
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 175g CASTER SUGAR
- 150g CHOCOLATE CHIPS ( WHICH I PUT IN THE FREEZER FOR ½ AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE HELPS TO STOP THEM MELTING COMPLETELY)
- 250ML MILK
- 90ML VEG OIL
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
- - PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 200c AND FILL YOUR MUFFIN TRAY WITH PAPER CASES, THE MIX MAKES 12 MUFFINS.
- - PUT ALL YOUR DRY INGREDIENTS INTO ONE BIG BOWL AND MIX.
- - PUT ALL LIQUID INGREDIENTS INTO A JUG AND MIX THEM TOGETHER.
- - POUR LIQUID INTO DRY MIX AND LIGHTLY MIX IN, BEST TIP I WAS GIVEN IS NOT TO MIX TO MUCH, IT WILL LOOK LIKE LUMPY BATTER BUT THAT'S PERFECT!
- - SPOON INTO CASES
- - SPRINKLE A FEW EXTRA CHOCOLATE CHIPS ON TO THE TOP TO FINISH OFF
- - THEN WHACK THEM IN THE OVEN FOR 20 MINS
- THEN ENJOY!! :-D
If you only have plain white flour, this is fine. Low fat cheese and sour cream work if you prefer not to use full-fat. Best on day 1.
- 130 g Plain flour - ½ white, Â½ whole-wheat
- 1 heaped tsp Baking powder
- 20 g Ground almonds
- 25 g Soft brown / Muscovado sugar
- 65 g Cream cheese (e.g. Philadelphia)
- 25 g Sour cream
- 1 Egg
- ½ orange Juice and zest
- 40 g Dark chocolate (e.g. 70% Green & Black's)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a muffin tin with 8 paper cases, or lightly grease the tin with oil or butter.
- In a jug, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Sieve both the flours and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Tip any whole-wheat bran left in the sieve into the bowl. Stir in the sugar and ground almonds, and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the egg mixture into the well, add the orange juice and grated zest and stir together. The cake mixture will be thick. Chop the chocolate into little chunks with a sharp knife and stir in.
- Divide the mixture between the cases, filling each one no more than half full.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes until they have risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then eat warm or leave to cool completely.
- 50g plain chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- 1tbsp milk
- 75g butter
- 200g self-raising flour
- ½tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 150ml soured cream
- 1 egg
- 1. Heat oven to 180C/gas 4. Melt the plain chocolate in a small pan with the milk and butter and allow to cool while roughly chopping the milk and white chocolate into chunks. Place the chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients, and pour on the melted chocolate and butter.
- 2. Mix well and divide between 9 or 12 muffin cases (or use squares of baking parchment to line the tins). Bake for 25-30 minutes until just firm to the touch. They will keep for 3-4 days in a cake tin.
- Omit the chocolate chunks if you want a plainer muffin, or add dried cranberries for a fruitier version.