Chocolate roulade recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Chocolate roulade recipes
- Chocolate Roulade
- Chocolate Roulade
- Chocolate Roulade with Griottines
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
- 6oz Plain chocolate
- 6oz Caster sugar
- 6 Eggs, seperated
- 2tbsp Cocoa
- 10floz Double cream
- Icing sugar
- Grease a 13x9inch swiss roll tin
- Pre-heat oven to 180degreesC/Gas4
- Melt Chocolate slowly in a bowl over a pan of hot water, then leave to cool slightly
- Measure Sugar and Egg yolks into a bowl and whisk until light and creamy
- Add the cooled Chocolate and stir
- Whisk the Egg whites until stiff but not dry
- Stir a large spoonful of Egg whites into the Chocolate mixture and mix gently then fold in the remaining whites and Cocoa powder
- Pour into prepared tin and level the surface
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm
- Remove the cake from the tin and place a cooling rack over the top with a damp tea towel covering it and leave overnight in a cool place - if the tea towel dries out, simply re-wet
- Dust a large piece of non-stick parchment paper with Icing sugar and turn the Roulade out onto this, then spread the whipped Cream out evenly, not too thick, and roll up tightly like a Swiss roll
- Cut into even slices to serve
- 6 oz plain chocolate
- 6 oz castor sugar
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 3 tbsp. hot water
- ½ pt double cream
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 150ml double cream
- 150g dark chocolate
- You will need a swiss roll tin , about 13.5 x 9.5 ins. Brush the tin with oil, line with a sheet of greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs yolks until pale in colour. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in 3 tbsp. of hot water. Stir chocolate and water well together to get smooth, soft mixture and add egg yolks and sugar. Mix well. Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold thoroughly into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and take care to spread mixture into corners. Bake in a moderate oven 350 or reg.4 for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover with greaseproof paper and a damp cloth and leave overnight.
- Next day, turn out onto a sheet of greaseproof paper well dusted with icing sugar. Spread lightly whipped cream over the surface and roll up like a swiss roll, using the sugared paper to help.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- If you like to have a chocolate topping then boil up the cream - take it off the heat when it starts to boil and add in the broken up pieces of chocolate. Stir till it has all melted in and then pour over the swiss roll - voila!
Drain the liqueur from the Griottines and use to drizzle over Roulade if required.
- 90g egg white
- 50g sugar
- 90g egg yolk
- 40g plain flour
- 5g cocoa powder
- 200g whipping cream
- 25 Griottines
- 60g caster sugar
- Whisk egg white, gently add sugar. Add egg yolk and mix.
- Fold in sieved flour and cocoa powder.
- Spread on baking tray (30*20 cm) and paper.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and bake for approx 12 mins. Top should be dry.
- Whisk whipping cream spread on cold sponge after removing baking paper.
- Add Griottines and roll sponge.
- Present on plate topped with Griottines.
- Buy Griottines online at www.griottine.co.uk