Chocolate souffle recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Chocolate souffle recipes
- Chocolate Souffles with Orange
- Hot Chocolate Coffee Soufflé
- Best Easy Double Chocolate and Orange Souffle
- Most recent
- View all
Chocolate Souffles with Orange
by Tesco Real FoodViewed 580 times
- 1. Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/Gas 7. Grease 4 x 200ml (7fl oz) ramekins or small oven-proof dishes. Break up the dark chocolate and place with the butter in a heat-proof glass bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2. In a clean, grease-free bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Gradually whisk in the sugar. Mix the yolks into the melted chocolate and add to egg whites, folding in gently. Then spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Bake for 14 minutes until they feel firm in the centre.
- 3. Make the sauce by grating the orange rind into fine shreds. Squeeze 125ml (4fl oz) of orange juice. Place the rind, half the juice and sugar in a pan and boil for 2-3 minutes. Stir the cornflour into the remaining juice and bring to the boil. Crush the cardamom pods, removing the husks and add to the pan, or use ground cardamom.
- 4. When ready, remove the ramekins from the oven and serve hot, cracking the top of each one and pouring over the sauce.
- for greasing Butter
- 100g Dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 25g Butter
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 100g Caster sugar
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1-2 Large oranges
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cornflour
- 10 Cardamom pods or a pinch of ground cardamom
Hot Chocolate Coffee Soufflé
by Divine CHOCOLATEViewed 2439 times
- You will need a 1.25ml souffle dish or 4 x 300ml souffle dishes or oven-proof large coffee cups, a baking tray.
- Brush the inside of the soufflé dish or dishes with melted butter, and sprinkle with caster sugar. Set on a baking tray.
- Break up the chocolate and put into a heavy-based pan with the coffee.
- Set over a low heat and stir with a wooden spoon, until melted.
- Take the pan off the heat and beat the three egg yolks into the hot mixture so they cook and thicken it.
- Stir in the brandy.
- The soufflé can be covered and kept at a cool room temperature for up to an hour at this point.
- Half an hour before serving, heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Put the five egg whites into the food mixer and whip until stiff.
- Add the caster sugar and beat 20 seconds longer or until the mixture looks glossy.
- Gently heat the chocolate mixture until just hot to the touch then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in about a quarter of the whites just to loosen the mixture then add this mixture to the whites and carefully fold them together.
- Spoon into the prepared dish (or dishes) and bake at once in the heated oven allowing 12–15 minutes for the large soufflé or 7–9 minutes for the smaller ones – the mixture should still be wobbly in the centre.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately.
- 3 x 45g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 125ml Strong Black Fairtrade Coffee
- 3 Large Free Range Eggs, separated
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 3 tablespoons Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- Fairtrade Icing Sugar for Dusting
Best Easy Double Chocolate and Orange Souffle
by food_loverViewed 2148 times
- set oven to 200 degrees c
- 1)on a heat of 4 or 5 mix in a sauspan the half the sugar, egg yolks, flour,cocoa powder, milk, orange juice and the orange rind and the vanilla essence.
- 2) stir constantly until smooth and remove from heat.
- 3)wisk the egg whites together till forming soft peeks then add the rest of the sugar and blend for 5 mins.
- 4) fold the mixtures together.
- 5) pour into greeced ramikins lined with sugar.
- 6) put in a lasagne dish half full of water
- 7) place in the oven for 15 mins.
- 8) remove and smile at your lovely souffle.
- 12 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4tbsp self raising flour
- 8 tbsp coco powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 orange
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
Mini Chocolate Souffles
by chachaViewed 3431 times
- 1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2. Coat 2 ramekins with butter, sprinkle each with 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 3. Combine 2 tbsp granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture into a medium bowl and cool 4 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- 5. Place egg white in a medium bowl, beat with a mixer at high speed .
- 6. Add remaining 2 tbsp granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- 7. Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Sharply tap dishes 2 or 3 times to level.
- 8. Place dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 min.
- 9. Sprinkle each soufflé with 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 ½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract