Chocolate sponge cake recipes
Our top 3 of 54 Chocolate sponge cake recipes
- Semi Liquid Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Sponge
- Sticky Chocolate Cake
- Recent recipes
- View all 54 variations
14 CommentsAdd comment
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 180g Butter
- 100g Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Sugar
- 1. Preheat your oven at 225°C.
- 2. Melt the butter in your microwave in a bowl.
- 3. In a big bowl mix the sugar, the eggs, and the butter together. The mixture must be creamy.
- 4. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt it in the microwave with 3 teaspoons of water.
- 5. Now, pour the melted chocolate and the sifted flour into the mixture, stirring just until everything is well blended and you have a smooth consistency.
- 6. Pour the mixture into a tin and bake it for 20 minutes.
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self raising flour (sifted)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- ½ tsp golden syrup
- 4 tbl spn milk
- 2 Tbl spn cocoa powder. sieved
- 1. cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- 2. gradually add the flour and eggs
- 3. add the other ingredients and mix well
- 4. spoon in to a large cake tin that is lined with grease proof paper.
- 5. cook in oven for 40 - 45 mins ant 180 degrees, use a cocktail stick to check if any mixture sticks to it ( if not then it is cooked)
5 CommentsAdd comment
- 200g Self-raising flower
- ½ a teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 4 Medium eggs
- 225g Soft margarine
- 225g Light soft brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of milk
- 150g Plain chocolate
- 150ml Double cream
- 1. Break the chocolate into piecesand put them into a bowl with the cream.Fill a saucepan a quarter full of water.
- 2. Heat the water until it bubbles,thentake the pan off the heat.Put the bowl into it,then stir the chocolate and cream.
- 3. Let the icing cool for a few minutes,then put it into a fridge for at least an hour.Stir it everynow and then,as it thickens.
- 4. While the icing thickens, preheat your oven to 180°C,350°F ,gas mark 4.Wipe cooking oilover the inside of each tin,then lay the tins on greaseproof paper.
- 5. Draw around the tins,cut out the circles and lay them in tins.Sift the flour.baking powder and cocoa into a large bowl.
- 6. Break the eggs into a mug.Add them to a large bowl,then add the margarine,sugar and milk.Stir everything well.
- 7. Spoon the mixture into the tins and smooth the tops.Bake the cakes for about 25 minutes,then carefully lift them out.
- 8. Leave the cakes in the tin for 5 minutes.Turn them out onto a wire rack.Peel off the paper and leave them to cool.
- 9. Spread some icing on top of the cake,then lay the other cake on top.Spread the rest of the icing all over the outside.