Coconut barfi recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Coconut barfi recipes
- 3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 1.Mix all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- 2.On medium heat, keep stirring till the mixture turns thick.
- 3.Spread it onto a greased rectangular tray and allow to cool and set.
- 4.Once it turns firm, use a butter knife to cut into cubes.
- about 250g cocnut flakes
- 1 can Condensed Milk sweetened
- 1. in abowl add the cocnut flakes.
- 2. next add the condensed milk to the bowl, and mix together gently.
- 3. in a non-stick deep frying pan add the coconut mixture to the pan, and gently stiring occasionalyfor about 2-3minutues.
- 4. next whilest the mixture is still warm using a teaspoon spoon out a little mixture at a time and with wet hands roll into a ball.
- ALL YOU NEED
- 3 cups coconut gratings
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons Ghee
- 3 Cardamom pods
- 15 Cashew Nuts
- Grind coconut gratings with cashew nut bits, without adding water.
- Mix sugar with ½ cup of water in a vessel and heat till syrup is formed that can be drawn into strings.
- Add the ground mixture to the syrup and turn over constantly till the blend thickens a bit.
- Then add 2 tsps ghee and continue turning over till it forms a lump. Remove from flame.
- Flatten the blend on a wooden board, smeared with ghee, evenly to ¾" thickness.
- Cut into pieces of desired size of square/diamond shape, using a spatula (or dosa lifter), when still warm.
- Separate the pieces and store in a container, when cool.