Our top 3 of 12 Coleslaw recipes
by Cathryn Viewed 3628 times
- Slice the cabbage from the side giving you long thin strips of cabbage, Grate the Carrots and finely slice the onion in to long thin slices.
- Put this all in to a bowl and mix together.
- Add the mayoniase, I like a lot of Mayo - but mix in until all the ingrediants are covered. Season with a little Salt (Maldon is best) and Black Pepper.
- You can also add grated cheese for a cheesey Coleslaw, I use Red Leicester.
- I find that it tastes best once it has settled in the fridge for a couple of hours and the flavours have infused. Needs to be eaten within two days or the mayo turns the cabbage a bit soggy - much nicer fresh!
To cut the Cabbage hold on to the base of it and slide a large knife down the side so that it produces long slithers of cabbage, they should be about 3mm thick and between 3-7 cm long (depending on the size of the cabbage)
1 CommentsAdd comment
- ½ White Cabbage. Finely sliced
- 3 Carrots. Grated
- ½ white onion. chopped
- 1 x 400g Jar Hellmann's mayo
- To Season salt and freshly ground black pepper
Crunchy Coleslaw salad
by ScrumptiousViewed 1520 times
- Combine all ingredients, except the noodles and mix.
- Make up the dressing and pour over the cabbage mixture.
- Allow to sit for a little while and just before serving, break up the noodles and sprinkle over the top. Mix together and enjoy!
- 4 tbs Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup tossed flaked almonds
- 2 green cabbages, thinly sliced
- 1 pkt instant noodles (best from Japanese shop)
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tbs sugar
- 6tbs vinegar, white wine
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
by gavstollsViewed 2998 times
- Wash, prepare and cut vegetables
- Place in a blender using grated blender appliance to cut
- Once blended, place in a bowl and add natural yogurt and mayonnaise
- Mix together
- Important to not throw away yogurt pot as these can be used for individual portions of ‘gravy’
- ½ White Cabbage
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 1 pot Natural Yoghurt
- 3 table spoons Mayonnaise
Sweet Cheesey Coleslaw
by DoozadooViewed 190 times
- add sliced white cabbage,carrots,parsnip,grated cheese,sultana's and sugar into a mixing bowl
- mix in low fat mayonnaise and salad cream
- mix altogether and serve.then garnish with spring onion
- if you want coranation chicken add some curry powder to the mixture
- you can add prawns or cooked chicken for a delicious meal. enjoy ,)
- 1 White Cabbage. Finely sliced
- 2 Carrots grated
- 1 Parsnip grated
- 2oz mature cheddar cheese. grated
- handfull sultanas optional
- 1 tblsp Sugar. granulated
- low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Salad Cream
- sprinkle spring onion