Corned beef pie recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Corned beef pie recipes
You could also serve this with garlic bread and salad.
- 1 tin of corned beef
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 2lb potatoes. mashed
- 1 pkt white sauce mix
- 2oz grated cheddar cheese
- • Empty the tin of corned beef into an oven proof dish and break up the corned beef
- • Pour over enough white sauce to cover the corned beef
- • Slice the boiled eggs and layer on top of the corned beef
- • Layer the mashed potato over this ( as thick as you like )and sprinkle on the cheese
- • Place into an oven apprx 180oC until the potatoes brown
- • Serve with peas or mixed veg (Worcester sauce is good with this)
- 8oz Plain Flour (sieved)
- 4oz Butter(cubed)
- 4oz Lard(cubed)
- 2tbspn Water
- PIE FILLING
- 1 Tin Corned Beef
- 500g Potatoes
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1.Sieve flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl add the lard and butter and rub together until resembles breadcrumbs add the water and mix with wooden spoon until it starts binding together finish by using hands.
- 2.Wrap in cling film and put it in fridge for about 20 mins.
- Pie Filling
- 3.Peel and chop potatoes and boil until fork will easily go in.Mash the potato with a little milk.
- 4.Finely chop carrots and onion and cook in little olive oil for about 8mins.
- 5.Put corned beef into a large bowl and mash with a fork, add the mash,carrots,onion and mixed herbs and mix together.
- 6.Grease pie dish and roll out half pastry and blind bake for about 15 mins at 160C. Allow to cool.
- 7.Add pie filling you will probably only need just over half the filling,(I keep the rest in an airtight container and refrigerate, and make some pasties.)
- 8.Roll out remaining pastry and cover pie. Beat egg and brush the pie with it. Make a cross in the middle with a knife.
- 9.Bake for about 25-30mins 180C.
- 500g potato
- 2 onions
- 1 packet pastry
- 1 tin corned beef
- 1 cup mushroom
- 400 ml gravy
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Peel and chop potatos and onions into mouth size cubes. par boil for 15 mins.
- 3. While these are cooking roll out the pastry.
- 4. Drain water into a jug and make thick gravy with the water.
- 5. Put potatos and onions in a large pie dish.
- 6. Chop corned beef and add along with finely chopped mushrooms.
- 7. Add the gravy and mix a little, careful not to break up the potatos too much.
- 8. Put the pastry on top and brush with milk or beaten egg to glaze.
- 9. Put into the oven until the pastry has risen and golden.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh vegetables