Courgette soup recipes
Our top 3 of 15 Courgette soup recipes
- Courgette Soup
- Curried Zucchini and Orange Soup
- Courgette and Brie Soup
- Most recent
- View all 15 variations
by SukeyPViewed 4043 times
- Sweat the onion and courgettes in the butter and oil over a low heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add the stock (the amount is a rough guide, add more if needed) and allow to simmer for 25 minutes or so. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle a little chilli oil and/or stir in a swirl of creme fraiche. Serve with some chunky wholemeal bread.
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 4 or 5 courgette chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ pint stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 tbsp butter
Curried Zucchini and Orange Soup
by PollyanaViewed 1326 times
- 1. In large saucepan, gently cook onion in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- 2. Add carrot, cook for 5 additional minutes.
- 3. Add zucchini, cook until tender.
- 4. Add curry powder, cook for a minute or two, or until very fragrant.
- 5. Add stock; stir to blend. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- 6. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. 7. Remove from heat. Puree with blender, food processor or hand blender. Return to saucepan; add orange juice.
- 8. Stir thoroughly and season to taste. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a lemon wedge.
- 1 medium onion. quartered and thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium carrots. thinly sliced
- 5 small zucchini. ends trimmed. cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups orange -juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 lemon . cut in wedges
Courgette and Brie Soup
by lin1003Viewed 1705 times
- Add oil to pan and saute leek and onion for 5 mins. Add Courgette and stock, simmer for 20 mins. Once cooled blend and bring back to heat. Cut rind from Brie cheese and add in small quantities then add cream/milk (simmer until cheese has melted) then serve a great soup
- 1 Leeks. sliced
- 3 - 4 courgette chopped
- 1 ½ Pints Mixed Stock
- 1 large piece of Brie cheese ( rind removed)
- 1 tsp Mixed herbs (dried is fine)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp single cream / milk
Chilled Courgette Soup with Sausage and Mint
by amyfielding_1Viewed 188 times
- 1. Place the carrots, onions and celery in the bowl of food processor with the blade attachment an process until finely chopped.
- 2. Put 2 tbsp of the grape seed oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add the courgette cubes and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for a further 3-4 minutes. Add enough water (about 1 litre) to cover the courgettes, increase the heat and boil for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the that to maintain a simmer for 20 minutes more.
- 3. Whisk in the mascarpone until it is melted and incorporated, and remove the pain from the heat. In stages, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend on a medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until fully pureed. Season, then transfer to a nonporous container and place in the fridge for 3 hours.
- 4. Put the remaining 1tbsp grape seed oil in a 25cm wide frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sausage meat and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring regularly until it is light brown. Discard the excess fat from the pan and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cut the mint leaves into 5mm strips. Place about 250ml of soup in each serving bowl, then garnish with 1 heaped tbsp sausage meat and 1 tbsp mint.
- 1 large carrot cubed
- 1 medium Spanish Onion cubed
- 2 medium celery sticks, cubed
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2kg courgettes, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 225g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 900g sweet italian sausages removed from their casings
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves