Cranberry sauce recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Cranberry sauce recipes
by Team MyDishViewed 1422 times
- 1. Add the juice, zest and sugar to a pan over a medium to high heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add the cranberries and cook for 10-20 minutes until the berries have reduced down (boiling rapidly to thicken and concentrate the sauce).
- 800g Fresh cranberries
- 400g Granulated sugar
- 2 Juice and zest of oranges
Luxury Cranberry Sauce
by aidanViewed 6656 times
- 1. Rinse cranberries and place in a saucepan.
- 2. Add juice of 1 orange and zest.
- 3. Add sugar.
- 4. Bring the lot to boiling point, mush the cranberries and then simmer for 5-10 mins.
- 5. Stir in Port.
- 6. Pour into bowl and serve hot or cold.
- Can add cinnamon stick/cloves if preferred.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 1lb (450g) Fresh Cranberries
- 3oz (75g) Sugar
- 4-6 tbsp Port
- Juice,1 Orange Zest &
Cranberry Relish / Sauce
by Love BakingViewed 197 times
- Unless serving in a dish straight away, you will need to sterilise a couple of jars. This makes approx. 400-500 ml total volume. To sterilise the jar(s), put both the jar(s) and lid(s) in a large pan, cover with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. You can do this at the same time as making the relish as it doesn't matter if jars are warm when filled.
- Weigh out the sugar and finely grate the orange zest on top.
- Squeeze the orange(s) (you want approx. 75ml-100 ml juice) and put the juice in a saucepan with the cranberries and the spices. Place the pan over a medium heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 8 minutes, removing the lid to stir now and then, until most of the cranberries have burst. Turn off the heat, then stir in the sugar and orange zest.
- Pour into a serving dish or fill and seal the sterilised jars.
- Serve cold as a relish (great in sandwiches) or warm as a chunky sauce. It can be made in advance and reheated gently in a pan if needed.
You can also use frozen cranberries straight from the freezer. This is quite tart, which I like. Some people have a sweeter tooth though, so taste, and stir in another tbsp or so of sugar if you think it needs it. If you like port in your cranberry sauce, add a splash or two at the end, or when reheating, just before serving warm.
- 300 g Fresh cranberries
- 1-2 (depending on size) Orange(s) - juice and zest
- ¼ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground ginger
- 150 g Light brown sugar (normal or muscovado)