Crispy duck recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Crispy duck recipes
- Crispy Fried Duck with Hoi Sin Sauce
- Easy Chinese Duck in Orange Sauce
- Stir Fried Duck with Chives
- Recent recipes
- View all 6 variations
- 1 med duck breast
- 400ml 400ml Shaoxing wine
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- 6tsp corn flour
- 1tsp Szechuan pepper
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 250g green beans
- 2 tablespoons hoi sin sauce
- small bunch spring onion finely sliced (green bits only)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1. Place the duck in a steamer basket. Pour the shaoxing wine into a pan that sits neatly under the steamer and bring to the boil. Place the steamer basket on top, cover and steam the duck for 8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, gently heat the vegetable oil to 160C in a heavy wok or small deep-fryer. Combine the cornflour and Szechuan pepper on a plate and set aside.
- 3. Place a large frying pan on the hob on fairly low heat. Add a pinch of salt, the chilli and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the raw beans to the hot oil. Cook for approximately 2 mins.
- 5. Use a slotted spoon to remove the beans from the oil and add them straight to the ingredients in the frying pan on a medium heat. Stir in the hoi sin sauce.
- 6. Toss the steamed duck breast in the seasoned flour before transferring it to the hot oil. Fry for about 2 minutes or until crisp.
- 7. Remove the duck from the oil and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- 8. Place the beans on a large serving plate. Carve the duck into slices and arrange them over the beans. Finish with a squeeze of lemon, the soy sauce and the finely sliced spring onion. Serve with plain boiled rice.
- 2 Duck breasts
- 5 tbls Soy Sauce
- 5 tbls marmalade
- ½ tsp Chinese 5 spice
- Fry the duck breast to crisp the skin up and then place in an over proof dish. Mix the spice, soy sauce and marmalade then pour over the duck breasts. Pop in a 200 degree oven for 25 minutes basting the breasts with the orangey sauce when you can. Serve with rice of your choice. Its really as easy as that and full of yummy flavour.
- 1 x 2kg Duck [roasted]
- 2 tbspn vegetable oil
- 2 tbpn light soy sauce
- 2 tspn caster sugar
- 1 small tin bamboo shoots. drained and finely chopped
- 2 packs fresh chives chopped into 2 inch lengths
- Ideally, roast the duck one day before you want to make this dish, on a rack to allow the fat to drain into the roasting dish. A 2kg bird will take about 2 hours @
- 200 degrees C
- 1. Remove meat from duck with skin still attached and shred finely with a knife.
- 2. Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the duck for about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add soy sauce and allow to cook a few seconds longer.
- 4. Add 2 tspns sugar, cook for about 30 seconds then remove duck with a perforated spoon, leaving juices in the pan.
- 5. Stir fry bamboo shoots in the juices for a few seconds, then add the chives. Cook together for about 1 minute, add remaining tspn of sugar and cook for about 30 seconds, add duck and mix ingredients together thoroughly.
- 6. Serve with rice or noodles as part of a Chinese meal.