Easy chocolate cake recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Easy chocolate cake recipes
- Simple Chocolate Cake
- Quick Chocolate Cake
- Simple Chocolate Cake [with Creamy Chocolate Icing]
- Recent recipes
- View all 9 variations
- 200g Butter or Margarine
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 4 table spoons Milk
- 4 table spoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 table spoon Golden Syrup
- 1. Mix the butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- 2. Add and mix the flour and eggs.
- 3. Add and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- 4. Pour into previously greased baking tin.
- 5. Cook for 45 mins at 180 degrees/Gas 4. (To test if it's cooked, stab a knife in the centre and if it comes out clean then you are done my friend).
- 6. Eat it.
- 200g Butter
- 200g Fine Sugar
- 175g S R Flour
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs
- -preheat the oven to 180c GAS 4
- -Cream the butter and sugar together
- -Add eggs showly (if seperate add a little flour)
- -With a wooden spoon mix in the flour and cocoa powder and make sure it is well incorprated
- - put the mixture into 2 pregreased lofe tins
- -bake for 20-25mins and then leave to cool
Simple Chocolate Cake [with Creamy Chocolate Icing]
Views 6106, Added Wed Feb 3 2010
I always use McDougalls supreme sponge for my cakes, it makes the sponge extra fluffy and light!
- 8 oz Self Raising Flour sieved
- 8 oz Caster Sugar
- 8 oz Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 400g Dark Chocolate
- 300ml Double Cream
- 30g Butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- 2. Cream together the butter and sugar with electric whisk.
- 3. Add eggs one by one and mix well
- 4. Mix in flour and cocoa powder, do not over mix as the less you work the mixture the lighter the sponge will be.
- 5. Pour mixture equally between two 8-inch cake tins.
- 6. Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool
- For the icing:
- 1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over simmering water.
- 2. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly for 5 minutes
- 3. Slowly add the cream mixing constanly, the mixture should thicken and be very glossy.
- 4. Spread between layers and over the cake.
- For Children or people who do not like the bitterness of dark chocolate, it can be replaced by milk or white chocolate