Eggs florentine recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Eggs florentine recipes
- 30g flour
- 60g butter
- approx 4 salmon/white fish fillets
- 3-4 galic cloves
- 500g approx Bag fresh washed spinach leaves
- 1 pint/600ml milk
- 180g grated cheese
- 2 slices of bread/crusts
- 1.Melt 30g butter in a large frying pan or wok, add peeled sliced garlic cloves.
- Sautee until cooked and flavour in the butter ,(be careful not to burn the butter keep on a low heat)then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the spinach bit by bit. Stir until wilted.
- Turn into a large souffle/oven-to-table deep dish spreading evenly accross.NB there will be some green liquid in this too that is ok.
- 2.Place remaining butter ,flour, milk and seasoning into a deep saucepan, whisking continuously as you turn low heat on.
- In a few minutes the sauce will heat up and then thicken.
- Add grated cheese to your taste. Season.
- 3.Place raw fish pieces evenly spaced on the layer of spinach. Season.
- 4.Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the fish layer.
- 5.Using a hand held grater, grate bread/crusts evenly over the top to create a topping.Season.Then grate parmesan cheese over this in an even layer.
- 6.Put in a hot oven 180 -190 for 35-50 min depending on thickness of fish fillets and when top is crunchy and golden.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 bag of spinach leaves. washed
- 4 eggs
- 1 double cream or Creme Fraiche
- salt and pepper
- Grated Cheese (Optional)
- 1. Cook spinach according to package instructions.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter, add the spinach (rinsed), double cream (or creme fraiche, or any white sauce. I use double cream and it tastes well), salt, pepper, cumin. Cook for a couple of minutes
- 3. Place the spinach on a baking dish. With the back of a spoon make 4 dents and place the eggs on each dent. Then pour some cream on top and you can put some cheese too.
- 4. Oven cook it at 220Â° for about 7 minutes, until you see that the egg is cooked. But do not overcook or it'll be dry. Serve immediately.
I believe this is 3.5 Weight Watchers points per serving.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 40g mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 original bagel
- 4 slices cooked ham
- small handful baby spinach leaves
- 1. Place 40g mayonnaise in a pan with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp water and ½ tsp mustard powder and heat, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is smooth. Season, cover and set aside.
- 2. Heat a deep frying pan of water until it’s just about to boil. Add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar. Crack 2 eggs into 2 cups and pour into the water at opposite ends of the pan. Simmer for 4-6 minutes until poached to your liking.
- 3. Meanwhile, have and toast 1 original bagel.
- 4. Arrange the halves on 2 plates and top each with 2 slices of cooked ham and a small handful of baby spinach leaves.
- 5. Lift the eggs from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on the spinach. Spoon the sauce over and serve immediately.