Our top 3 of 3 Enchilada recipes
by JimmskiViewed 2817 times
- Slice the chicken breasts into slivers and fry in some oil.
- Once gently browned, add the onion and soften in the pan (add a little more oil if the onion starts to burn).
- Add the peppers and then add the fajita mix (1 packet of this is enough for 4 people, halve for 2) and stir in to coat all the meat and vegetables. Allow to sear slightly.
- Add the time of tomatoes and mix in thoroughly then simmer to reduce and make a sauce (maybe 15-20 mins).
- When the sauce is nearly ready heat the skillet on high and warm each tortilla on both sides and then place to the side on a plate.
- When sauce is ready spoon the sauce into the middle of each tortilla wrap, place a handful of grate cheese, a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Then roll each wrap up and place side by side on the shallow dish.
- Once all wraps are on the dish, smother with more sour cream and then cover with a generous handful of grated cheese.
- Place the dish under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Serve with a salad of your choice.
Instead of using a skillet to heat the tortillas you could microwave them. Also instead of grilling the final dish you could bake in the oven for 15 mins (or until browned) although this gives a slightly richer flavour. Personally I prefer the grilled version. For a veggie version substitute your fav veg instead of the chicken.
6 CommentsAdd comment
- Soft flour tortillas (2 per person)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper. chopped
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 Pkt Discovery or Old El Paso Fajita mix
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheese
- oil for frying
- Your favourite salad to serve with it
- Frying pan
- flat bottomed skillet
- shalow dish (for grilling) - a lasagne dish would work
by JustLainyViewed 6430 times
- 1. First, brown chicken in a large pan until almost cooked through.
- 2. Add the sliced onions, peppers and mushrooms to the pan and cook on medium heat until veg starts to soften.
- 3. In a separate pot, heat passata and spices together. Once vegetables are cooked add enough of the sauce to coat the vegetables and chicken. Leave the rest of the passata mix in the pot on very low heat.
- 4. Heat the passata, chicken and vegetables slighty and then spoon the mix into the 6 tortilla wraps. Fold each wrap over and place in a large roasting tray.
- 5. Pour the rest of the passata mix over the top of your filled tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over sauce and place in a preheated oven and bake until cheese is browned. (You could also grill on med/high heat).
2 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR FILLING
- 200g chicken breast. chopped
- 1 green pepper. sliced
- 1 orange pepper. sliced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 6-7 mushrooms. roughly chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 medium onion. sliced
- 1 tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 500ml passata
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 100g ½ fat cheese. grated
Enchiladas in a Smokey Tomato Sauce
by ElsbethViewed 3810 times
- Heat oven to 200C
- Wrap the tortilla in foil and heat for 15 mins.
- Fry onion till soft, add garlic, paprika,cocoa and passata. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Fill the tortilla with the chicken (chopped) the sweetsorn and some cheese, roll up and place in a shallow oven-proof dish.
- Cover with the sauce and top with more cheese
- Bake for 10 - 15 mins
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Crushed Garlic Clove
- ½ teasp Smoked Paprika
- 1 jar Passata
- 1 tblsn Cocoa
- 4 Spiced Chicken Fillets
- small tin Sweet Corn Kernels
- Grated Cheese
by KeriViewed 1355 times
- Brown the mince with the onion.Add the garlic and fry for 1 min,then add the tomatoes,tomato puree,oregano,cumin,chilli powder and season.
- Bring the pan to the boil,then cover and simmer for 15 mins.
- Spread a little mince in the centre of each tortilla,roll up and place in a baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese and bake for 10 mins until golden.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 500g(1lb) beef mince
- 1 onion,finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove,crushed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 3tbsp tomato puree
- ½tsp dried oregano
- ½tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 8 flour tortillas
- 3oz cheese,grated