Fish burger recipes
Our top 3 of 8 Fish burger recipes
This recipe works best with fresh white crabmeat but we have used frozen crabmeat. Fresh homemade breadcrumbs are a better rougher texture than bought dried breadcrumbs. They make a crispy crust and are not as prone to become as soggy as finely ground breadcrumbs.
- YOU WILL NEED
- 450 grams white crab meat
- 1 medium egg lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh homemade breadcrumbs (see Note)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise. we use Hellmann’s Light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce. or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Mix the crab, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, pepper, and Tabasco sauce in a large bowl.
- Form into six burgers, once again, we use the burger press from Lakeland.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Cook the burgers until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- 600 g line-caught pollock fillet (or any other white fish), skinned and boned
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornichons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ciabatta rolls, to serve
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- few lettuce leaves
- 1 Dice the fish into 5-cm cubes, place in a food processor and process to a rough purée. Transfer the purée to a large mixing bowl. Put the shallot, cornichons, capers, parsley and seasoning in the food processor and purée until evenly blended. Tip out and mix with the fish purée.
- 2 With floured hands, shape the mixture into 6 burgers. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.
- 3 Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and fry the fishburgers, two at a time. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned. Take care not to overheat the pan or the fishburgers will burn. Once cooked through and crispy set aside and cook the remaining burgers. Serve in a ciabatta roll with a slice of tomato, a lettuce leaf and some mayonnaise.
- 8 salmon fillet
- 4 tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1 minced red onion
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1. Chop the fish until well minced.
- 2. Place it in a large bowl and add the breadcrumbs, red onion, Dijon mustard, horseradish, and eggs.
- 3. Season with rosemary, salt, and pepper.Mix it well and chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 4. Form the salmon mixture into burger patties and brush them with olive oil.
- 5. Place the salmon burgers on the grill or barbie, and cook 4 or 5 minutes on each side.