Fish cake recipes
Our top 3 of 20 Fish cake recipes
- Chilli and Lime Fishcakes
- Claire's Trout Fishcakes
- Thai Fish Cakes
- Recent recipes
- View all 20 variations
11 CommentsAdd comment
- 3 x 185g Canned Tuna Drained
- Few Pinches Chilli Flakes
- 3 Limes Juiced
- 50g Spring Onions Chopped
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 300g Breadcrumbs
- 1. Mix together the tuna, chilli flakes, lime juice and spring onions.
- 2. Season to taste and shape into patties.
- 3. Dip the mixture into the egg and coat with the breadcrumbs.
- 4. Heat a pan with a little olive oil, until a breadcrumb dropped into the oil browns.
- 5. Fry the patties for 5-7 minutes or until they are cooked through. Done.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 500g potatoes
- 500g trout fillets
- 250ml milk
- 25g butter
- chopped parsley
- chopped chives
- 1 egg
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 125g fine green beans
- 125g baby spinach
- 1. Bring potatoes to the boil and simmer for 15mins until tender.
- 2. Put fish in large shallow pan and pour over milk.
- 3. Cover, bring to boil, then simmer for 5 mins until opaque.
- 4. Remove to plate and cool.
- 5. Remove skin and flake fish.
- 6. Drain potatoes, add butter and mash.
- 7. Put in bowl with parsley and chives. Fold in fish.
- 8. Flour hands and shape mix into 4 round cakes. Dip into beaten egg then breadcrumbs.
- 9. Refridgerate for 30mins.
- 10. Put 2cm oil in frying pan. Fry fishcakes 3-4min each side until golden.
- 11. Blanch beans and mix with spinach to serve.
1. Do not overblend the fish in the processor. 2. If you wish to fry the fish cakes and reheat later - fry them lightly initially and then when you heat them through again they will get browner in colour.
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 125g raw cod fillets
- 3 lime leaves
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 30ml (½ an egg) egg
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 large handful corriander leaves
- 30g french beans
- oil for frying
- 1.Place the fish, egg, sugar, lime leaves, fish sauce and red Thai curry paste into the processor and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- 2. Put into a plastic mixing bowl and add the corriander and corn flour and mix gently together .
- 3. Add the sugar snaps which have been cut very finely (julienne)
- 4. Divide the mixture into 6-8 balls and flatten in your hand then put them on a plate.
- 5. Heat 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil in a frying pan on a low heat and place the fish cakes in the pan - fry for 5 minutes on both sides.