Fish salad recipes
Our top 3 of 17 Fish salad recipes
- Fennel, Apple and Smoked Trout Salad with Tzatziki
- Italian Seafood Salad
- Fish Salad on Pitta Crisps
- Recent recipes
- View all 17 variations
Fennel, Apple and Smoked Trout Salad with Tzatziki
Views 822, Added Wed Mar 10 2010
For more delicious recipes try www.lovedips.co.uk
- 1 fennel bulb. thinly sliced
- 1 red apple. thinly sliced
- 100g hot smoked trout. flaked
- 8 tbsp ready-made tzatziki
- 1 bag of mixed salad
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Mix the fennel with the apple and gently stir in the smoked trout.
- 2. Add the tzatziki and gently combine the ingredients. Season with black pepper.
- 3. Top the salad leaves with the trout mixture and chill until required.
- 3 large ripe vine tomatoes deseeded and chopped
- ½ small red onion finely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves finely shredded
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250g mixed seafood cocktail thawed if frozen drained
- 1 bag leafy salad with tatsoi
- 1. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, basil, olive oil and vinegar together with seasoning to taste.
- 2. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- 3. Mix the seafood with the lemon juice.
- 4. Empty the salad leaves into a large bowl, scatter over the tomatoes and seafood.
- 5. Serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
This is a super quick recipe that can be put together at the last moment. Spoon onto little savoury biscuits or make your own Garlic Pittas if you have the time (see below). You could also try using canned salmon and sardines which work really well too. This combination could be used to fill baked potatoes or as a delicious sandwich filling or open sandwich.
- 2 (185g) tins tuna , drained
- 200g cream cheese or 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained and roughly chopped (optional)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- To taste Salt
- To taste round black pepper
- 2 tomatoes roughly finely chopped
- FOR THE PITTA CRISPS
- 6 small pittas
- 50g Butter at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- To taste Parsley or coriander finely chopped (optional)
- 1. In a bowl mix together the tuna, cream cheese or mayonnaise, lemon zest, capers, spring onions, tomatoes and olives.
- 2. Use a fork to break up the tuna and lightly combine all the ingredients, the mixture shouldn’t be too sloppy or too over mixed.
- 3. Taste and season with black pepper.
- 4. Arrange a teaspoon of tuna salad onto the pitta crisps or use toasted squares of bread.
- TO MAKE PITTA CRISPS
- 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) mark 6.
- 2. Mash the butter, garlic and herbs together in a bowl. 3. Toast the pittas for 2 minutes until they puff up.
- 3. Split them into two, so you are left with two thin halves.
- 4. Spread the butter across each pitta half.
- 5. Rip them into small pieces and place onto a baking sheet. L
- 6. ay the pieces onto a baking tray and stick it into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.