Our top 3 of 7 Flan recipes
- 100g Digestive Biscuits. crushed
- 50g Butter
- 20 caster sugar
- 250mls double cream
- 150g Condensed Milk
- 4 Lime - zest and juice
- 1. Mix the crushed bisuits and butter and put in the bottom of a flan dish.
- 2. Mix the zest and juice with the condensed milk.
- 3. Spread over biscuit base and chill for hour for perfect results.
- 4. Enjoy!
- FLAN CASE
- 2oz butter
- 1 level tablespoon sugar
- 8 digestive biscuits. crushed
- 6 oz can condensed milk
- ¼ pint double cream
- juice of 2 lemons
- Melt the butter and off the heat mix in the sugar and crushed biscuits. Mix well and press into the base and sides of a flan tin or ring. Put the condensed milk, cream, and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk the mixture together well until blended. Pour into the flan case. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving, decorate with halved purple grapes.
- 1 unbaked short crust pastry case
- 1 medium orange
- 1 large cooking apple
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1. Squeeze juice from orange.
- 2. Grate rind.
- 3. Peel, core, coarsly grate apple.
- 4. Beat eggs.
- 5. Add orange juice, rind, apple and sugar.
- 6. Beat well.
- 7. Pour into pastry case.
- 8. Bake in middle of hot oven Reg.8 for 10
- 9. Reduce heat for 30 mins. to mark 4.