Our top 3 of 17 Flapjacks recipes
- Classic Gooey and Buttery Flapjacks!!
- Fabulous Flapjacks
- Recent recipes
- View all 17 variations
- 4 oz butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 oz Rolled Oats
- 2 oz sugar
- 2 oz flour
- 1. Cream the butter,egg and syrup,then work in the oats,sugar and flour.
- 2. Drop spoonfuls on to greased baking trays and bake at Gas Mark 4/350F/180C for 12-15 minutes
7 CommentsAdd comment
- 175g/6oz Butter
- 140g/5oz golden syrup
- 50g/2oz Light Muscovado sugar
- 250g/9oz oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/Fan oven 160C. Line the base of a shallow 23cm/9in square tin with a sheet of baking paper. Put the butter, syrup and sugar in a large microwave safe bowl and put in the microwave for 3 minutes until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Stir in the oats.
- Press the mixture into the baking tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top. Cook for 20 minutes for a gooier, chewier flapjack and the extra 5 minutes if you prefer them crispier. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then mark into bars or squares with the back of a knife whilst still warm. Cool in the tin completely before cutting and removing - this prevents the flapjack from breaking up.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- brown sugar 6 oz
- golden syrup 1.5 table spoons
- 7.5 oz oats
- 1.5 oz plain flour
- 7.5 oz magarine
- Melt the margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan, stirring all the time. When melted stir in the oats and flour to make a gooey mixture. Pour into a greased flat baking tray and cook in the middle of the oven at a moderate heat for 10-15 mintues or until it starts to harden. Cool, cut into squares and serve.