Fridge cake recipes
Our top 3 of 6 Fridge cake recipes
- Fridge Cake
- Chocolate & Cherry Fridge Squares
- Chocolate Malteser Refrigerator Cake
- Most recent
- View all 6 variations
by Becca77Viewed 3341 times
- -Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl.
- -While the chocolate is melting crush the biscuits into crumbs.
- -When the chocolate has melted, add the biscuits, raisins/
- Sultanas and Currants to the chocolate.
- -Stir until it has all come together.
- -Put it into a baking tray and put into fridge for 2hrs or until set.
- 308g Biscuits
- 280g milk chocolate broken up
- 144g Raisins and/or Sultanas
- 144g Currants ( optional )
- however many wanted Malteasers
Chocolate & Cherry Fridge Squares
by Janice WilliamsViewed 898 times
- 1. Break chocolate into squares and place in microwaveable
- bowl with golden syrup and butter. Cook at 50% power for
- 30 secs and then in 10 sec blasts until melted.
- 2. Put bicuits in plastic bag and bash with rolling pin
- until broken up. Add to chocolate mixture with nuts,
- cherries and sultanas. Stir well.
- 3. Line shallow baking dish (approx. 16cm x 32 cm) with
- clingfilm. Press mixture in and level top. Chill for at
- least 2 hrs.
- 4. Turn out and cut into squares. Store in fridge until
- needed. May also be frozen - if you can get them in
- before they disappear!
- 200g dark chocolate (min 70% solids)
- 100g milk chocolate
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 300g butter
- 75g glace cherries (quartered)
- 50g sultanas
- 100g chopped nuts
Chocolate Malteser Refrigerator Cake
by Vicki BViewed 49411 times
- Melt margarine and syrup and chocolate over heat (or in the microwave stirring often). When it's all melted, take off the heat and add crushed biscuits and maltesers, mix really well. Spread into a lined greased swiss roll tin. Chill in the fridge then cut up into small squares. Keep refrigerated.
* Be strict with the amount of syrup. * This can also be frozen. * If you have no greaseproof lining for the tin, once the mix has been refigerated you can warm the bottom of the tin gently to help remove the chocolate mix more easily before cutting into squares.
21 CommentsAdd comment
- 100g Margarine softened
- 6 tablespoons Golden syrup
- 250g Cooking Chocolate (milk)
- 200g Digestive Biscuits. roughly crushed
- 200g Maltesers cut roughly in ½
Chocolate Fridge Cake (Florentine Style)
by carodeoliveiraViewed 1414 times
- Put the chocolate (broken up), orange rind, syrup and butter into a bowl. Sit bowl on pan of gently simmering water, keeping the base of the bowl clear of the water. Melt slowly without stirring.
- Crush the biscuits (not too fine) in a freezer bag. Place them in a bowl with the raisins, cherries, apricots and almonds.
- Remove the melted chocolate from heat and stir until smooth. Pour into dry mix and stir.
- Line an 8” shallow cake tin with clingfilm (lay two bits across in a cross shape then mould down to fit the base, corners, sides, bringing it up over the rim).
- Pour contents in and spread until even.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours once cool.
- 200g Milk Chocolate
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- ½ orabge Finely grated rind
- 4 tblsp golden syrup
- 175g butter
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 125g raisins
- 100g glace cherries, quartered
- 75g Divine Dark Chocolate apricots, finely chopped
- Handful flaked almonds