Frozen yogurt recipes
Our top 3 of 7 Frozen yogurt recipes
- Exotic Fruit Frozen Yoghurt
- Sunil Vijayakar's Tropical Frozen Yoghurt with Pineapple Crisps
- Lime and Yoghurt Sorbet
- Recent recipes
- View all 7 variations
- 1 star fruit, sliced, with rind and seeds removed, reserving a few for garnish
- 1 mango, skin and stone removed, cubed
- 50g strawberries, stalks removed and diced
- 150g low-fat natural Greek yoghurt
- 25g sugar
- 0.5 Juice of a lime
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 ml water
- 1. Place the water, sugar, strawberries, star fruit and cinnamon stick in a pan. Cook on a low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Leave the mixture to cool.
- 2. Once cooled transfer to a food processor. Add the mango and lime juice and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve before stirring in the yoghurt. Taste and adjust the sugar and lime if necessary.
- 3. Place into a freezer-proof tub with a lid and place in the freezer for at least four hours or until semi-frozen. Just before serving place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to soften slightly.
- Serve garnished with star fruit.
Sunil Vijayakar's Tropical Frozen Yoghurt with Pineapple Crisps
by Sunil Vijayakar
Views 71, Added Wed Aug 11 2010
- 1 small ripe pineapple
- 2tbsp golden caster sugar
- 600g thick coconut yoghurt (such as Rachel's, from major supermarkets)
- 2 limes, juice and finely grated zest
- 20g mint leaves, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 100C/gas ¼. To make the crisps, peel the pineapple and cut off 8-12 paper-thin slices.
- Put them on a baking tray lined with a cooling rack, sprinkle over the 2tbsp of sugar and bake for 3 hours, or until the edges are turning brown. Leave to cool in the oven and then remove and store in an air-tight container until needed.
- To make the tropical frozen yoghurt, core the remaining pineapple, roughly chop and blend the flesh in a food processor to make a purée.
- Mix together the sugar, yoghurt, lime zest and juice, and mint in a large mixing bowl and add the pineapple purée. Now pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker and churn until thick, then freeze.
- To serve, scoop the frozen yoghurt into dessert glasses or bowls and serve with the pineapple crisps.
- 10 fl oz Natural Yoghurt
- 8 oz Lime curd
- 2 egg whites. beaten until stiff
- 4 (optional) Almond macaroons. crushed
- to taste Fresh mint
- 1. Adjust your fridge to its lowest setting.
- 2. Mix together all the ingredients and place in a cake tin, cover and freeze.
- 3. Beat once when almost firm.
- -------------------To Serve-----------------------
- Arrange layers of the sorbet and crushed macaroons in Sundae glasses. Decorate with fresh mint.