Our top 3 of 15 Gazpacho recipes
- 3-4 tomatos (depend on size)
- ½ cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper (green it's ok too)
- 1 onion
- shot extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar of cold water
- a bit of bread (baguette or ciapatta)
- Wash all the ingredients.
- Cut the tomatoes in 4 and put them in the blender (use spanish tomatoes or italian, they are the ones that give all the flavoutt to the dish!!).Peel the cucumber and cut 2/3 into the blender. Cut the pepper in pieces, and 1/2 of the onion to and add it to the blender (the onion is opcional, some people don't like to take uncooked onion, some do, your choice). Peel the carrot and cut it in pieces and to the blender. The order of putting the ingredients is important because the get mixed better :).
- So now you have all the ingredients in the blender but 1/2 onion and 1/3 cucumber cut them in small pieces and put them aside.
- Fill the blender with the cold water up to the level where the vegetables are plus an inch.
- Blend!!! Slowly add the oil while the blender is blending (the amount of oil depends on taste but a shot is about right). Now while blending add salt to taste... just add, and try, and add again. Some people also add a little bit of red wine vinager here, again your choice, I prefer not to do it :).
- Cut the bread in small pieces and put it in the table with the cut onion and cucumber, people can add that to taste.
- You are done!! Was it difficult? Serve inmediatly or keep in a bottle in the fridge (you will have to mixed it again if it stays more than half a day)
- 100g green pepper
- 450g fully ripened tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 50-100g onion, skinned
- 1 garlic clove, skinned
- 45ml olive oil/vegetable oil
- 45ml white wine vinegar
- 0.5l tomato juice
- 30ml tomato puree
- 1 large pinch salt
- finely chopped green pepper
- ice cubes
- 1. Core and deseed green pepper. Chop roughly along with the cucumber, tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- 2. Mix all of the ingredients together. Place in a blender/food processor in small portions to form a smooth puree.
- 3. Chill for 2 hours.
- 4. To serve pour puree into a bowl and add ice cubes. Garnish with the diced pepper and croutons.
- 1 Red Peppers
- 1 Green Pepper
- 2 - 3 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Apple
- 1 Small Cucumber
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2-3 Slices of bread
- 2-3 tbsp Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. Heat grill to high. Cut peppers into quarter, deseed and press flat. Line oventray with alufoil and lay pepper slices skin side up onto tray. Place under grill until skin starts to blacken and form blisters, for about 10min. Remove and cool, then pull off skin and chop rougly
- 2. Pour hot water over tomatoes, then remove peel and seeds.
- 3. Place chopped tomatoes, chopped peppers, peeled and chopped apple and crushed garlic glove (center shoot removed) in a large blender and blend until smooth.
- 4. Add vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add enough water to make a smooth texture. Blend well and cover and place in refrigerater.
- 5. Cut sliced bread into cubes. Heat 2-3 tbsp of olive oil in big frying pan and roast until browned all over.
- 6. Serve the gazpacho in cold soup bowls with some icecubes. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and add 1 spoonfull of finely chopped cucumber and the croutons.