Our top 3 of 11 Gingerbread recipes
- 4 oz Soft brown sugar
- 8 oz Self-raising flour
- 4 oz Margarine
- Pinch Salt
- 2 teaspoons Ground ginger
- 1 level tablespoon Golden Syrup
- Set oven to 350/F or Mark 4. Sieve the flour, salt and ginger together. Cream the syrup, margarine and sugar in a bowl, then stir in the dry ingredients. Knead the mixture on a floured surface to form a smooth dough. Form into a sausage shape, press into an oblong and cut into slices. Bake the slices in a greased tin until golden brown; approximately 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin. Some local recipes add
- a little grated root ginger and or a level teaspoon of mixed spice
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 3 ozs Butter
- 2 eggs
- 4ozs Black treacle
- 6 tbspns milk
- 1. Stir over gentle heat until fat has melted.
- 2. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Beat eggs and milk.
- 4. Pour into syrup mixture and blend together.
- 5. Put into bowl:
- 2ozs. Sultanas
- 2ozs. Peel
- 3 level tablespoons ginger
- 1 level tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 level tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 8oz plain flour
- 2 ozs. Chopped ginger
- pinch salt
- 6. Pour egg and syrup mix into bowl of flour mix and beat until smooth and glossy. Do not overheat.
- 7. Pour into 8 inch square tin which is greased and lined.
- 8. Bake in oven for one hour, regular 3 ½ or 160C. Do not disturb for first 40 mins.
Do I have any tips? NO! Just enjoy!
4 CommentsAdd comment
- 8oz Self-raising flour
- 8oz Golden Syrup
- 2oz brown sugar
- 1 medium egg. beaten
- 3ozs margarine or butter
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3pint Milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Heat oven at temperature 325F or 160C
- Melt margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan.
- Pour egg into milk.
- Combine all ingredients together and beat well.
- Pour into cake tin (recommend loaf tin) and bake for 45-60 minutes.