Greek chicken recipes
Our top 3 of 3 Greek chicken recipes
- Greek Chicken with Lemons
- Greek Homestyle Chicken
- Greek style Chicken with tomatoes & olives [Kotopolo Me Domates Kai Elies ]
- Recent recipes
- View all
- 3lb Chicken
- 2 Lemons
- 1 Onion
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Celery sticks
- 3tbsp Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- 1)cut the chicken into 12 pieces.using a potatoe peeler or paring knife,carefully cut off the lemon rind,then cut into thin strips.squeeze the juice from both lemons.
- 2)peel and finely chop the onion.peel the carrots and trim the celery,reserving the green leaves.slice the carrots and celery.
- 3)heat the oil in a pan with a tight fitting lid.add the chicken pieces and fry over high heat for 8 minutes on each side,until golden.remove the chicken from the pan.add the onion,carrots and celery to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.return the chicken and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4)stir the lemon rind and juice into the vegetable stock and stir into the pan.finely chop 2tbsp of parsley and half the celery leaves and stir into the chicken.reduce the heat to low,cover the pan and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- 5)pick off another 1tbsp parsley leaves and chop with the rest of the celery leaves.use to garnish the dish.
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 5 potatoes cut into thick chips
- 2 lemons grated rind and juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1.Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas mark 6.
- 2.Place the chicken into an ovenproof dish and arrange the potatoes around the chicken.
- 3.Mix together all the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken except the parsley.
- 4.Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- 5.Sprinkle over the parsley, season to taste and then serve with salad or extra vegetables.
Greek style Chicken with tomatoes & olives [Kotopolo Me Domates Kai Elies ]
Views 3514, Added Mon Sep 7 2009
If using chicken breast , allow one per person . Make 2 or 3 slits in the meat to allow the marinade to penetrate the meat. Try Nicolas' Greek Potatoes to accompany this meal
- 8 Boneless skinned chicken thighs
- 2 tspn harissa paste
- 1 tspn olive oil
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- ½ tspn dried thyme
- 250 grm baby plum tomatoes. cherry tomatoes
- handful Black Olives (preferrable Kalamata)
- 1 Place chicken thighs into bowl , add harissa paste ,olive oil , dried oregano & thyme . Mix well cover & leave to marinate for 30 mins @ room temperature .
- 2 Preheat oven to 200 deg C .
- 3 Transfer chicken to roasting tray & put into oven for 10 mins.
- 4 Remove , add tomatoes & olives ,then cook for
- further 20 mins ,or until chicken is cooked
- Serve with rice , cous - cous ,or potatoes & veggies of your choice