Our top 3 of 14 Guacamole recipes
- 4 Meduim tomatoes
- 4 Ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Fresh corriander
- 3 Fresh chillies
- 1. Cut a cross in the base of each tomato. Place the tomatoes into a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling water to cover.
- 2. Leave the tomatoes in the water for 30 seconds, then lift them out using a slotted spoon and plunge them into a bowl of cold water. Drain. Remove the skins completely. Cut the tomatoes in half, remove the seeds then chop roughly and set aside.
- 3. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones. Scoop the flesh into a blender. Process until smooth then scrape into a bowl and stir in the lime juice.
- 4. Chop the corriander and the chillies and crush the garlic add to the avocado mixture with the chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- 5. Season to taste. Chill for 1 hour before serving as a dip with tortilla chips.
- 1 Chilli (pref. Serrano)
- 1 Bunch Coriander
- 2 Limes
- 2 Avocados
- Pepper.To taste Salt &
- 1 Tomato
- 1 White Onion
- 1. First, cut your avocados in half and remove seed. Then scoop out avocado from the shell and place in a mixing bowl.
- 2. Then use the back of a fork to mash the avocado into a pulp. It is not necessary to fully pulp the avo as chunky bits are quite tasty in the dip.
- 3. Finely chop the onion and coriander and add to the avocado pulp, together with the lime, salt and pepper and mash some more.
- 4. Chili peppers can vary individually in how hot they are so start slowly - finely chop half a chili pepper and add to the guacamole. Then taste it and if it is not hot enough add a little more chili until you reach your desired level of "hotness".
- 5. A good tip here is to be very careful with the chili, do not what every you do get any near (or around) your eyes by accidentally rubbing them as this will be very uncomfortable and sting like crazy.
- 6. Now chop your tomatoes into small squares but keep them separate until you are ready to serve the guacamole as this enhances the taste.
- 7. Finally, it is advisable to seal the serving bowl or container with plastic wrap, directly on the surface of the guacamole, to prevent the avocado reacting with the air and turning brown. Then put it in the fridge to keep cool and serve directly from the fridge.
- 8. Hope you like it!
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 2 Large Ripe Avocados
- 4 tbsp / 60ml Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp / 60ml Creme Fraiche
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes Skinned deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Red Chilli (Optional) Deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic clove crushed
- ½ tsp / 2.5ml Tabasco Sauce
- ½ tsp / 2.5ml Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- 1. Halve, stone and peel the avocados, reserving the stones.
- 2. Mash the avocado flesh in a bowl with the lemon juice and creme fraiche.
- 3. stir in the choped tomatoes, Chilli, garlic, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4. Turn inti a serving bowl, and push the avocado stones into the mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5. Remove the stones from the guacamole and serve.