Healthy flapjack recipes
Our top 3 of 15 Healthy flapjack recipes
by DinDanViewed 3599 times
- 1. Mix the margarine and the syrup together.
- 2. Mix all the dry ingredients and por into the margarine mixture and mix well.
- 3.Spread evenly on a greased baking tray or a shallow cake tin/pie dish/
- 4.Bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes at about 190 degrees celcius
- 5.Cut into fingers, Squares or triangles while warm
dip these in chocolate to make them realllly yummy mmmm also you can use almost any cereal instead of cornflakes like special K or branflakes.
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 100g about 4oz margarine
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup
- 100g about 4oz Sugar
- 50g about 2oz Oats
- 50g about 2oz self raising flour
- 75g about 3oz crushed cornflakes
Apricot and Hazlenut Flapjacks
by Dish EditorViewed 2005 times
- Put the apricots into a medium saucepan with the orange zest and juice and 150ml water. Bring to simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes until tender and most of the piqued had evaporated. Cool a little then transfer to a food processor and blend until pureed.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160Cfan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper. Chop the hazelnuts, not too fine.
- Put the butter or spread, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup into a medium pan, heat gently until melted. Stir in the oats, and hazelnuts. Turn half of the mixture into the tin, level and press evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Drop teaspoons of the apricot puree over the surface and gently spread evenly. Add the rest of the flapjack mixture and gently press onto the apricot layer.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then cut into 12-16 pieces whilst still warm. Cool completely before turning out onto a board and cutting again with a sharp knife.
- Tip Buy ready toasted and chopped hazelnuts when available.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 174g ready to eat dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 small orange, grated zest and juice
- 50g hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 150g butter or polyunsaturated margarine
- 75g Tate & Lyle Demerera sugar
- 4 rounded tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 200g rolled oats (porridge oats)
- 75g jumbo oats
Fruity Flap Jacks
by Jail Bird!Viewed 2538 times
- 1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Add a mashed banana as an optional extra if the flapjacks will be eaten the same day.
- 2. Put the mixture into a greased baking tray, press down hard then bake on a medium heat 180oC gas 4 for approx 25 minutes.
- 3. Cool slightly and then cut into squares and serve or keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Try and save some for the next day!
1 CommentsAdd comment
- 100g softened butter
- 75g Golden caster sugar (or plain caster sugar if you haven't got it)
- 275g oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- some chopped dried apricots
- a handful of raisins
Nutty Apple Loaf
by kellyplanet78Viewed 93 times
- 1. Put the butter, sugar and strawberry jam in an electric mixer and cream together until light and fluffy.
- 2. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- 3. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a separate bowl, then beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the nuts, chocolate and apples into the mixture by hand until evenly dispersed. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight if possible.
- 4. Preaheat the oven to 170ºC (325ºF) Gas 3.
- 5. Pour the mixture into a 23x13cm loaf tin, greased and dusted with flour, and smooth over with a palette knife. Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until brown and the sponge feels firm to the touch. A skewer inserted into the centre should come out clean, but for a little melted chocolate. Leave the cake to cook slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Makes 8-10 slices.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 175g unsalted butter
- 140g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 140g Plain Flour (sieved)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 100g mixed nuts. chopped
- 50g Dark Chocolate. chopped
- 2 Eating Apples - peeled, cored and chopped small