Our top 3 of 20 Hummus recipes
- 400g / 14oz Chick peas
- 2 Lemon juice
- 150ml / ¼ pint Light Tahini Paste
- 4 tbsp / 60ml Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled and crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Put the chick peas in a blender or food processor with the lemon juice and work to a smooth puree.
- 2. Add the tahini paste, all but 10ml / 2tsp of the oil, the garlic and seasoning. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Spoon into a serving dish and sprinkle with the reserved oil.
* Excellent DIP for raw vegetables. * Humous goes well with SALAD and is a tasty spread in SANDWICHES. * Combine with salad to fill PITTA BREAD. * Goes well with BAKED POTATOES.
- 1 CAN CHICK PEAS
- 3-4 TBLSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ORGANIC LEMON
- 2-3 CLOVES GARLIC
- 3 TBSP TAHINI
- 1 TSP FINE SEA SALT
- 1. Drain and rinse CHICK PEAS from can.
- 2. Squeeze LEMON.
- 3. Chop GARLIC.
- 4. Place all ingredients in blender - CHICK PEAS, OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, TAHINI, GARLIC, SALT and blend to desired consistency.
- 5. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add a tablespoon of water (or more oil) if too thick.
- 6. Divide into two airtight containers, garnish with a sprinkling of PAPRIKA, shreds of fresh BASIL and store in fridge. Use within 4 - 5 days.
This dip is delicious served with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots and parsnips cut into wedges, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a good pinch of Oregano. Place them onto a hot tray in an oven pre-heated to 220°C, 425˚,,F, Gas Mark 7 and roast for 40 minutes, turning once. You can also cut pitta bread into triangles, brush with olive oil, sprinkle over a pinch of Oregano and toast in the oven for 7-8 minutes until lightly browned. Alternatively, serve with batons of raw, sliced vegetables of your choice.
- 1 tsp. Schwartz Oregano
- 1 tsp. Boiling water
- 1 Zest and juice of lemon
- 5 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- pinch Schwartz Chillies Crushed, to taste
- 400g tin Butter beans, drained
- 1 tsp. Schwartz Easy Garlic
- 100g Feta cheese
- 2 Sun-dried tomatoes, to garnish
- to season Salt and Black Pepper
- 1. Place the Oregano in a cup and pour over the boiling water. Leave to
- stand for 15 minutes to infuse.
- 2. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and Chillies to the Oregano and stir well.
- 3. Set 6 butter beans aside to garnish and place the remaining beans,
- Garlic and half the lemon zest in a food processor and blend together.
- Slowly add the olive oil mixture through the funnel, whilst pulsing
- until the houmous is smooth and creamy. Season to taste. Transfer to a
- serving bowl, crumble over the feta and garnish with the reserved
- butter beans, remaining lemon zest and sun-dried tomatoes.
- This houmous combines the delicious flavours of butter
- beans, lemon, olive oil, oregano, garlic and chilli. Great
- served as a dip for a starter or to enjoy with pre-dinner
- drinks. Also makes a fantastic healthy snack for the
- children: just leave out the chilli if they prefer.