Our top 3 of 19 Hummus recipes
by Storm ChickenViewed 1895 times
- Cook chickpeas on the hob until tender.
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand blender.
- Sprinkle coriander and cumin on top, lightly drizzle olive oil over the top.
Variations - Add handful of black olives before blending Change chick peas for butter beans Adding fresh tomatoes before blending
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove. crushed
- ½ lemon. for juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt. pepper to season
by ariyaViewed 994 times
- 1. Drain and rinse CHICK PEAS from can.
- 2. Squeeze LEMON.
- 3. Chop GARLIC.
- 4. Place all ingredients in blender - CHICK PEAS, OLIVE OIL, LEMON JUICE, TAHINI, GARLIC, SALT and blend to desired consistency.
- 5. Adjust seasoning to taste. Add a tablespoon of water (or more oil) if too thick.
- 6. Divide into two airtight containers, garnish with a sprinkling of PAPRIKA, shreds of fresh BASIL and store in fridge. Use within 4 - 5 days.
* Excellent DIP for raw vegetables. * Humous goes well with SALAD and is a tasty spread in SANDWICHES. * Combine with salad to fill PITTA BREAD. * Goes well with BAKED POTATOES.
- 1 CAN CHICK PEAS
- 3-4 TBLSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ORGANIC LEMON
- 2-3 CLOVES GARLIC
- 3 TBSP TAHINI
- 1 TSP FINE SEA SALT
Butter Bean and Oregano Houmous
by SchwartzViewed 757 times
- 1. Place the Oregano in a cup and pour over the boiling water. Leave to
- stand for 15 minutes to infuse.
- 2. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and Chillies to the Oregano and stir well.
- 3. Set 6 butter beans aside to garnish and place the remaining beans,
- Garlic and half the lemon zest in a food processor and blend together.
- Slowly add the olive oil mixture through the funnel, whilst pulsing
- until the houmous is smooth and creamy. Season to taste. Transfer to a
- serving bowl, crumble over the feta and garnish with the reserved
- butter beans, remaining lemon zest and sun-dried tomatoes.
- This houmous combines the delicious flavours of butter
- beans, lemon, olive oil, oregano, garlic and chilli. Great
- served as a dip for a starter or to enjoy with pre-dinner
- drinks. Also makes a fantastic healthy snack for the
- children: just leave out the chilli if they prefer.
This dip is delicious served with vegetables such as potatoes, carrots and parsnips cut into wedges, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with a good pinch of Oregano. Place them onto a hot tray in an oven pre-heated to 220°C, 425˚,,F, Gas Mark 7 and roast for 40 minutes, turning once. You can also cut pitta bread into triangles, brush with olive oil, sprinkle over a pinch of Oregano and toast in the oven for 7-8 minutes until lightly browned. Alternatively, serve with batons of raw, sliced vegetables of your choice.
- 1 tsp. Schwartz Oregano
- 1 tsp. Boiling water
- 1 Zest and juice of lemon
- 5 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- pinch Schwartz Chillies Crushed, to taste
- 400g tin Butter beans, drained
- 1 tsp. Schwartz Easy Garlic
- 100g Feta cheese
- 2 Sun-dried tomatoes, to garnish
- to season Salt and Black Pepper
by cocineroViewed 361 times
- 1. Prepare for the Blender
- Split the Avocado, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh with a spoon down to the skin (important as this gives it the pastel green colour)
- Along with the Advocado flesh place all the ingredient into a blender (except the crushed nuts to decorate) blend to to a paste.
- Super with Celery.
- Try to eat the same day af making or it may discolour
- 1 Large Very ripe Avocado
- 2 Lvl Dstspns Tahini Paste
- 220g Cannned Chickpeas (drained)
- Juice of ½ Lemon
- ½ Tspn Salt
- 2 Dstspns Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 1 crushed Garlic Clove
- A few crushed Cashew Nuts (to decorate)