Ice cream recipes recipes
Our top 3 of 40 Ice cream recipes recipes
- 150ml fruit puree made from frozen pack of forest fruits thawed ( or fresh fruits )
- 400g carton of fresh custard
- 400g fromage frais
- 1. Mash the thawed fruits with a fork until form a puree
- 2. Pour the custard and fromage into a mixing bowl. Carefully stir in the fruit puree using a spatula.
- 3.Pour the mixture into a plastic box. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Stir the frozen mixture and return to the freezer for 1 hour. Repeat until the mixture is frozen. Place in the fridge for 30 mins before serving.
This recipe makes about 1.5 litres of ice cream, but to make life easy I recommend putting the almost set ice cream into a 2 litre container, and then mixing in the Maltesers.
- 125ml full-fat milk
- 125ml single ceam
- 150g caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 500ml double cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90g malt powder
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 bag (135g) Maltesers cut in ½
- 1. Warm the milk, single cream, sugar and salt in a medium sized, non-stick, saucepan.
- 2. In a good size bowl, whip (until stiff) the double cream, vanilla extract and malt powder (Horlicks, or similar).
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then carefully add the warm milk & cream mixture, stirring constantly.
- 4. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- 5. Put the saucepan back on a medium heat, and heat the mixture until it thickens (it will coat the back of a spatula), stirring all the time.
- 6. You'll know that the (custard) mixture is ready when it starts to steam, and you feel it just beginning to cook as you scrape your spatula across the bottom of the pan.
- 7. Pour the (custard) mixture into the whipped malted cream through a metal sieve, and stir until cool over an ice bath. This is important as it stops the cooking process.
- 8. Put the combined mixture in the fridge until its cool - I leave it overnight.
- 9. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker.
- 10. When you remove the ice cream from the machine, stir in the halved Maltesers.
- 1 packet Frozen raspberry
- 0.5 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Cream
- 1. Combine the frozen raspberries and sugar in a food processor or blender.
- 2. Blend until the fruit is roughly chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour in the heavy cream until fully mixed.
- 3. Serve immediately, or freeze for up to one week.