Jam tart recipes
Our top 3 of 4 Jam tart recipes
Use a bit of different jams to make the plate look colourful!
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1lb Self-raising flour
- block of tomer
- 6oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- strawberry jam
- apricot jam
- rasberry jam
- 1) First mix the fat and flour into breadcrumbs.
- 2) Add the sugar, then add the eggs one at a time.
- 3) To make the pastry roll the mixture out onto a floured surface.
- 4) Thin out and pat firmly into a fairy cake tin.
- 5) Finally, add the jam.
- 8oz Plain flour
- 4oz Butter
- Pinch Salt
- 4-5tbs Cold water
- Few tsps Seedless jam
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 6
- Sieve the flour & salt and gently rub in the butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Slowly add the water a little at a time until you have a firm dough.
- Flour your work surface and kneed out the dough. With your pastry cutter, cut out rounds and place in a greased bun tin.
- Keep collecting the offcuts of dough and rolling out as necessary.
- Once you have all the pastry in the tin, spoon out your jam (you can use a selection of flavours or perhaps some lemon curd) into the pastry. You'll need around a tsp per case.
- Bake your tarts for around 12 minutes, keep an eye on them to ensure they don't burn.
- Delicious and so easy to make.
- 200gs plainflour
- 100 g Butter
- 1 knife
- 1 mixingbowl
- 1 jar of jam
- 3 table spoons water
- 1. Put your flour and your butter in a mixing bowl and rub them in together in till they look like bread crumbs.
- 2. When they look like bread crumbs add your water in a little bit at a time mix in the water with a knife every time you put some water.
- 3.When you put your water in mix with the knife in till it's like a bALL. (For a good pastry you stick it in the fridge for an hour)
- 4.Sprinkle someflour on the work top and put your pastry out. Roll it with a rolling pin Roll away fromyou and then do a 1/4 turn in till it's the same shape as the oven proof plate.
- 5. Get you jam and spread around the pastry then put in the oven Gas mark 6 or 200c
- 6. Injoy