Key lime pie recipes
Our top 3 of 11 Key lime pie recipes
Florida Key Lime Pie
by hi fiViewed 13527 times
- Refridgerate pie crust until well chilled.
- Preheat oven to 175 oC.
- In a bowl, combine condensed milk, lime zest, and lime juice. Add egg yolks and egg, stir until well blended. Pour into chilled pie case.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually fold in sugar. Spread meringue over key lime mixture, being careful to spread to edge of pastry to prevent shrinkage during baking.
- Bake 20 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
2 CommentsAdd comment
- 9 inch Ready made pie case
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- quarter cup fresh lime juice(or bottled if nessesary)
- 2 eggs seperated
Key Lime Pie
by Carnation Viewed 3837 times
- 1. To make the base, blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they are like fine crumbs and then combine with the melted butter. Press the mixture into the base and 4cm (1½") up the sides of the tin. Chill the base while you make the filling.
- 2. Whisk together the filling ingredients until thick and creamy. Spoon over the biscuit base and chill for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Remove the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and leave to set. Before serving, decorate with the lime wedges and the zest.
- 250g Digestive biscuits
- 100g Butter. melted
- 405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 5 Finely grated zest and juice of large limes
- 300 ml carton Double cream
- TO DECORATE:
- 30g Bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids). melted
- 6-8 Thin Lime wedges and slivers of zest
- 1 20cm (8”) loose-bottomed cake tin. greased
Key Lime Pie
by flossie123Viewed 395 times
- Pre heat the oven 180c/350F/Gas 4.
- Whisk the egg yolks, condensed milk and half the lime zest together.
- Slowly whisk in the lime zest.
- Pour mixture into pre cooked pastry case. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before refrigerating for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving whisk the double cream with the caster sugar and either pipe onto pie or serve along side with the remaining lime zest.
- 4 egg yolks
- 400g Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 5 fl oz lime juice
- 1 shortcrust pastry case
- 8 fl oz double cream
- 1 tablespoon Caster sugar (normal or golden)
Key Lime Pie Cheesecake in A Jar
by postViewed 147 times
- Crush graham crackers in a foodprossesor or with a rolling pin. Mix together 3/4 cup crumbs, icing sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Spoon 1-2tbsp of mixture into 8 induvidual desserts bowls, press lightly down.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cream cheese until creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk and key lime juice and mix on medium speed intil well combined.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream into to the mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the dessert bowls. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge
- for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with lime slices and sprinkle the rest of the crumbs and serve.
- 250 ml/1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp icing sugar. sifted