Lamb burger recipes
Our top 3 of 9 Lamb burger recipes
- Feta Lamb Burgers
- Grilled Spicy Lamb Burgers
- Patak's Ultimate Rogan Josh Lamb Burger with Chilli & Ginger Salsa
- Recent recipes
- View all 9 variations
Delicious served with a baked potato or with tomato flavoured rice as shown here.
3 CommentsAdd comment
- 450 g lean minced lamb
- 2 spring onions. chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic. crushed
- 2 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. wine vinegar
- 85 g feta cheese. crumbled
- 1 egg. white only
- 175 g greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp. mint. chopped
- 4 pitta breads
- 1 tomato. red onion and yellow pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the lamb, spring onions, 2 of the crushed garlic cloves, oregano, parsley, lemon, cumin and vinegar until thoroughly combined. Add the crumbled feta cheese and the egg white and combine. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into patties. Place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- To make the yohurt sauce, mix the yoghurt with the last clove of crushed garlic and the finley chopped mint.
- Grill or BBQ the patties without moving for 3-5 minutes. Flip and grill until just pink in the middle.
- To assemble the burgers, place each one on a sliced pitta bread, top with 2 tablespoons of yoghurt sauce and a slice of tomato, pepper and red onion.
Be the first to commentAdd comment
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 tsp. sherry
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1. Preheat grill for medium heat.
- 2. Place the lamb in a large bowl, and mix with the mint, cilantro, oregano, garlic, sherry, vinegar, and molasses. Season with cumin, allspice, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper, and mix well. Shape 4 burgers.
- 3. Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side. Heat the pita pocket briefly on the grill. Serve burgers wrapped in pitas with feta cheese.
Patak's Ultimate Rogan Josh Lamb Burger with Chilli & Ginger Salsa
Views 999, Added Tue Jul 27 2010
1 CommentsAdd comment
- FOR THE BURGERS
- 1-2 tbsp. Patak's Rogan Josh Paste
- 450g Extra lean minced lamb steak
- 0.5 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Patak's Plain Naans to serve
- 1 bag Mixed salad leaves
- CHILLI & GINGER SALSA
- 4 Vine tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Red chillies, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped coriander
- 1 Seeds of pomegranate
- 1.Mix together the lamb, red onion, garlic and Patak's Rogan Josh Paste. Shape into 4 burgers.
- 2.Griddle or barbecue the burgers for 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 3.Mix together the salsa ingredients.
- 4.Griddle or barbecue the naan breads and cut in half. Serve the burgers on the naan breads with the salad leaves and top with the salsa.